help again

Old February 2nd 06, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default help again

You all were so good the last time, I'm back. I noticed my baby had a an
area to the inner left thigh, kind of in the bend between the leg and
belly, it was a small brownish area not warm or it appears not irritating
him, now about a week or so, it is red and looks larger, in addition he has
little red spots on his belly, I must say I went to visit my sister, about
40 minutes into the visit she pointed out that her small chihuahua has lost
his hair on his back, for some reason she says. I am afraid he may have
caught something from her dog. I plan to take my baby to the vet, in the
next couple of days, but would like at least an i dea of what I will be
dealing with, and if helps, I live in a pretty heavy wooded area, and he
likes to walk up into the woods in my back yard and sit for periods of
time. thanks in advance!!!! Jerry

Old February 2nd 06, 06:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

You all were so good the last time, I'm back. I noticed my baby had a an
area to the inner left thigh, kind of in the bend between the leg and
belly, it was a small brownish area not warm or it appears not irritating
him, now about a week or so, it is red and looks larger, in addition he
has little red spots on his belly, I must say I went to visit my sister,
about 40 minutes into the visit she pointed out that her small chihuahua
has lost his hair on his back, for some reason she says. I am afraid he
may have caught something from her dog. I plan to take my baby to the
vet, in the next couple of days,

Could be a mange, fungal infection, general derm irritation secondary to
food allergy or other disease. So many possibilities. Your vet will
certainly have a better idea!

-Sharon