Many Thanks

Old February 2nd 06, 03:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Many Thanks

Hi, In frantic fear I logged into your newsgroup to hopefully find some
help for my 15 year old lab/border collie. Monday, he was unable to
walk, eat, lift his head, and seemed not to want to eat or drink. He
was being treated for an ear infection, and I quickly looked up side
effects, found some that may relate, but discontinued the drops. I
called the vets and asked if he didn't get better, could they come to
the house to help him pass on peacefully. On tues nite, he began to
drink a bit, and ate some rice/peanutbutter rolled into balls. Wed, he
actually got up by himself, one note is that everytime he needed to pee,
he could signal that he needed help to get outside.. I slept on the
floor with him for two nights. Last nite, though I just read the article
on Vestibular disease, I carried him upstairs, which probabobly wasn't
the brightest thing to do, for me or him, but today, just now, he got
off his bed, walked to that bowl he's had for 15 years, got some water
and a mouthful of food, took a walk to the door, turned and gave me that
look that said, "Hey, theres snow out there", and slowly went out to the
back yard. Tonight, I'll try the stairs slowly, and transfer the job of
caretaker back to him watching over me. He's been with me through 3
unsuccessfull dehabilitating liver treatments. Thanks for your recent
discussion on Vestibuar disease, I'm sendin my vet the googles I found.
Bobby