Stitches bing scatched

Old February 5th 06, 02:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Stitches bing scatched

Once again Yentl has had a problem...Large masses were removed and she is
healing fine..Today she has started to scotch one and our vet said to get
Neosporin with lidocaine in it...Well that doesn't seem to exist...So
Neosporin and Cortaid?...Not sure about the Cortaid...Any ideas?...Thanks in
advance...GG

Old February 5th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Once again Yentl has had a problem...Large masses were removed and she is
healing fine..Today she has started to scotch one and our vet said to get
Neosporin with lidocaine in it...Well that doesn't seem to exist...So
Neosporin and Cortaid?...Not sure about the Cortaid...Any ideas?...Thanks
in advance...GG

Neosporin does come in a form with lidocaine. Called something like
Neosporin plus. Where are the healing incisions? Torso, leg, hip...? You
could take a long sleave shirt of some sort and make a sweater out of it.
Sometimes the slight pressure from the fabric will help ease the itching. It
should ease with time.

-Sharon

Old February 5th 06, 05:28 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 17:35:47 -0800, "Gary G"
wrote:

Once again Yentl has had a problem...Large masses were removed and she is
healing fine..Today she has started to scotch one and our vet said to get
Neosporin with lidocaine in it...Well that doesn't seem to exist...So
Neosporin and Cortaid?...Not sure about the Cortaid...Any ideas?...Thanks in
advance...GG

Have you looked into an E-collar?

Old February 5th 06, 04:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Gary G wrote:

Once again Yentl has had a problem...Large masses were removed and she is
healing fine..Today she has started to scotch one and our vet said to get
Neosporin with lidocaine in it...Well that doesn't seem to exist...So
Neosporin and Cortaid?...Not sure about the Cortaid...Any ideas?...Thanks in
advance...GG

As Sharon mentioned, neosporin with lidocaine is called Neosporin Plus.
It's also available in generic form as well.

Also, try gently soaking and wiping away any crusty or oozy stuff from
the incision with warm, clean water. Do this a couple of times a day
then pat dry and apply the Neosporin Plus. Keeping the crusts cleared
away will speed healing and reduce the itch and the pulling sensation
from the healing incision. Every dog I've ever had to care for post-op
has obviously enjoyed the cleaning procedure (closed eyes, ecstatic
groans, etc), and seemed to get some relief from it.

Kathleen