Mojo's Birthday...

Old February 8th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Mojo's Birthday...

On 7 Feb 2006 10:22:16 GMT, dogsnus wrote:

was yesterday. He's 10!

YAY for Mojo! He's the same age as Anna! Only until August, though.
Mojo would like Anna. She doesn't really like having Molly on her bed
because she takes up too much room, but she doesn't make her get off
because she is a sucker for a dog who loves her and loves to be up on
her bed with her. She also is the one who from toddlerhood would
break my rules about no treats for dogs unless they do something for
it by telling me the dog was sitting so it earned a treat.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,
Old February 9th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 9 Feb 2006 10:31:08 GMT, dogsnus wrote:

Paula wrote in
:

On 7 Feb 2006 10:22:16 GMT, dogsnus wrote:

was yesterday. He's 10!

YAY for Mojo! He's the same age as Anna! Only until August, though.
Mojo would like Anna. She doesn't really like having Molly on her bed
because she takes up too much room, but she doesn't make her get off
because she is a sucker for a dog who loves her and loves to be up on
her bed with her.

Anna would like Mojo then. When he does get on the bed despite his
size, he's always been the best dog to sleep with (until he invariably
gets too hot and gets down.) He makes himself into a small Mojo lump in a
ball that HE thinks is little and he is ever so quiet and still and stays
in one spot. Once in a great while he'll stretch out but he always moves
over when you get in the bed to make room for you. Good thing too because
trying to move him is impossible once he goes slack as he is part black
hole and has condensed all the atmosphere around him into his body making
his so dense stars can no longer emit light.

Must be a thoughtful GSD thing. When Molly is on her dog bed, she
spreads out and takes up tons of space. But when she is on Anna's bed
or a couch, she curls up as small as she can get. Her new "thing" is
to be up on the couch in front of the upstairs tv. It is definitely
the most used couch in the house so I am sure it smells like her
favorite people. It is actually just a love seat, though. When Anna
and Mimi and I watch tv upstairs, we all sit in it and fit, but all
comfy cozy. So now that Molly likes to sleep on it, we sometimes have
to tell her to move it. She first tries to scrunch herself up tighter
to make room for us while she stays on the couch. It's pretty
hilarious, actually, to see her scrunching her 90 pounds into what she
is hoping is a small enough section to be able to join the snuggle
party and sit there with a big grin and wagging tail looking at you
with those delighted brown eyes. When told to move it again, she
jumps off the couch. You can tell she is disappointed, but she
doesn't sulk more than about 5 seconds. Then she lays out full length
on the floor in front of the love seat so that every single foot of
every person on the couch must be touching her. Then she starts
wiggling so that she creates her own massage with the girls' feet. She
always puts her head near whatever end I am sitting on so that I can
scritch her neck with my toes. The girls aren't all that good at fine
maneuvering like that. It's amazing how she has it all figured out
for maximum lovies and minimum trouble to her humans. "If I'm on the
couch, I'll be no trouble by making myself small enough not to cramp
you. If I'm not, I'll position myself so you can pet me with almost
no effort at all. Now, tell me, am I the bestest dog ever or what?"
And then the girls start telling her she is so pretty and she gets so
riled up she has to go dance for a while before coming back and
settling in for more foot rubbings.

Mojo's Birthday... Rocky Dog behavior 1 February 8th 06 01:36 PM
Mojo's Birthday... FurPaw Dog behavior 0 February 7th 06 08:49 PM
Mojo's Birthday... ceb Dog behavior 0 February 7th 06 03:39 PM
Mojo's Birthday... diddy Dog behavior 0 February 7th 06 02:51 PM
Mojo's Birthday... MauiJNP Dog behavior 0 February 7th 06 02:45 PM