Long live the King!!!!

Old February 14th 06, 08:34 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Long live the King!!!!

Well just came back from the vet hospital today, KIng had some x rays
done as he was limping on his front right leg...

I assumed that he just sprained it, however after the xrays I got the
bad news...

Fibrosarcoma ( bone cancer )

damn, we have been quite a team for last 6 years and now I got told
that he has very little left to live.

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...G/IMG_2354.JPG

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...NG/king001.jpg

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...G/IMG_1163.JPG

Old February 15th 06, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

composed these thoughts and posted them
ups.com:

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...G/IMG_2354.JPG

that just sucks. I know this news must be devastating. Magnificent dog. I'm
so sorry
Old February 15th 06, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 14 Feb 2006 12:34:07 -0800, wrote:

Well just came back from the vet hospital today, KIng had some x rays
done as he was limping on his front right leg...

I assumed that he just sprained it, however after the xrays I got the
bad news...

Fibrosarcoma ( bone cancer )

damn, we have been quite a team for last 6 years and now I got told
that he has very little left to live.

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...G/IMG_2354.JPG

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...NG/king001.jpg

http://raceonlimit.zapto.org/raceonl...G/IMG_1163.JPG

King looks like a magnificent dog, and you have all my sympathy.
However...fibrosarcoma isn't bone cancer, it's cancer of the fibrous
tissues of the body. Osteosarcoma is bone cancer. Is that what King
has, or is it possible there was a mistake?

Best wishes to you and King.

Mustang Sally

Old February 15th 06, 01:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote in message
ups.com...
I assumed that he just sprained it, however after the xrays I got the
bad news...

Fibrosarcoma ( bone cancer )

........as someone pointed out fibrosarcoma isn't bone cancer. Fibrosarcoma
can reoccur, but they usually don't metastasize, so certainly that would be
the lesser of the two evils you currently face.

........If your dog has bone cancer, controlling the pain will be the biggest
issue. Some opt for amputation. You might see if you can get in on the
studies for this new drug they'll be testing or if you can get some for
compassionate reasons:

http://fullcoverage.yahoo.com/s/ap/2...ain_new_target
*WASHINGTON - The dog hopped on three legs, pain from bone cancer so bad
that he wouldn't let his afflicted fourth paw touch the floor. His owner was
bracing for euthanasia when scientists offered a novel experiment: They
injected a fiery sap from a Moroccan plant into Scooter's spinal column -
and the dog frolicked on all fours again for several months....*

.........the name of the drug is resiniferatoxin. There are a lot of
publications in PubMed, so they've been exploring it for a while.

.......a lovely pup you have. Hope for the best and cherish every day.

buglady
take out the dog before replying