Material for crate bedding?

Old February 16th 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Material for crate bedding?

Hi there,

I'm new to the group! I have three dogs--two Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Riana
and Koa, and a heeler/border collie cross name Annie.

When we're not home, the dogs spend time in their crates. Riana and Koa
have nice thick fake fleece pads in their crates, but Annie has always
chewed and destroyed whatever padding we've tried, even if we give her a
bone or rawhide to chew on instead. Because of this, her crate has been
bare for about a year.

Now that she's approaching 2, I'd really like to try to give her some
padding and warmth, but am unsure about what to try. I'm concerned about
intestinal impaction if she does destroy the new pad, and I don't want to
spend TOO much, given her previous habits.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Corey

Old February 17th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

If she is going to destroy what you put in the crate anyway, don't put
anything in. It really isn't necessary, especially for a young dog.