Strange spot on my dog

Old February 22nd 06, 02:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Strange spot on my dog

Just before Christmas, my large dog, a retriever/shepherd mix,
developed a rash and hotspot on her side. I took her to the vet, and
he gave me some ointment and gave her an antibiotic shot.

The hotspot developed a scab, which I thought was good. Now it's a
large dark brown spot similar to a mole (slightly raised), and it has
hair growing out of it that's a little darker than the rest of her hair
(she's reddish, like a golden retriever) and a different consistency.

I'm going to take her to the vet this weekend, but do any of you have
any thoughts on this?

Thanks,

Tracey