Best water solution for dog park?

Old February 24th 06, 01:39 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Best water solution for dog park?

On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 18:15:00 -0500, Michael A. Ball wrote:

I have never used one of these nozzles, but maybe someone who has used one can say how
well they work--or don't work. If they don't work, my idea is no good.

I didn't use one attached to the spigot.

I used one attached to a big bottle. It was supposed to be "self vacuum
sealing", which did NOT work very well. I used it attached to the crate,
when moving from the US to Germany. I attached the "original water bowl"
directly under that bottle as some "catchment tank". I didn't want my dog
to lie on a wet blanket. When I got my dog back (after ~ 12 hours) the
"catchment tank" was full and the blanket was a little wet under the
bottle.
It also was constantly dripping in the living room, when I trained my dog
to use it (she did not like to put her tongue on metal). With car and plane
movements, the dripping - of course - became even worse.

However, I think with having enough pressure from a water pipe against the
metal ball (which you don't have in a bottle), it might be working very
well.

In the backyard we also had one of those "self-filling" bowls, attached to
the hose. That bowl (plastic) showed very quickly very nasty sediments. So,
I am back to "normal bowls", refilled several times each day, which is not
practicable in a dog park.
I think Janet's idea of "bring your own" and/or have a "refill station for
humans" could be a good (and simple to do) solution.

Bye
Marion
Old February 24th 06, 01:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Fri, 24 Feb 2006 01:39:52 +0100, Bonsai ,
clicked their heels and said:

In the backyard we also had one of those "self-filling" bowls, attached to
the hose. That bowl (plastic) showed very quickly very nasty sediments

we have one - we're on the 2nd generation. It gets swished out
regularly - either by hand or paw ;-D. I got one the first summer in
this house - otherwise they drink out of the inground pool!

--
Janet B
www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com