bruising on tummy

Old March 2nd 06, 11:01 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default bruising on tummy

Hi, I have a 4 year old Wolf hybrid. About 2 weeks ago I noticed a
bruise across her tummy. Today I discovered it now covers her entire
tummy as well as spots on her thighs and her back/hip area.

Does anybody know what this might be? I'm very worried about her.

Thanks
Brandy

Old March 3rd 06, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Janet that's my plan. I don't have a regular vet and living on social
security I can't even afford my own Dr visits. By posting here I
thought I may get an idea as to whats wrong with her first. Ok?

Brandy

Old March 3rd 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

In article ,
Mary Healey wrote:
People who can't afford the occasional unexpected vet visit probably
shouldn't have pets that might require such visits. There's far less
financial aid available for critter dependents than for human dependents
for those of limited means.

Brandy's posts aren't arriving here, but I agree she needs
to plan for veterinary expenses. And because she's on a
fixed, limited income she needs to *plan* for veterinary
expenses. Open a separate savings account and drop in a few
bucks when you've got them available. If you've got other
contact with other people (i.e. the internet is not your
only social outlet), cancel the WebTV account and put that
money aside for the dog. Some communities have programs to
help seniors and chronically ill people out with their pets,
so contact a senior center and see if they have any
suggestions. But you *cannot* allow the dog to go
untreated.

Prouder than ever to be a member of the reality-based community.
Old March 3rd 06, 02:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Janet B wrote:

On Fri, 3 Mar 2006 07:46:40 -0600, (Brandy's
Garden), clicked their heels and said:

Janet what you are saying is the elderly and disabled should not have
pets because they are on a very limited income? For some they are lifes
only pleasure. They ARE my life. Thank you for your warm and fuzzy
thoughts.

Take the money you are paying for internet access and bank it for the
dog's health needs. It doesn't matter if one is on a limited income -
it matters that you have planned for the financial responsibility that
goes along with basic pet care.

Amen.

It seems unfair but sometimes we have to make tough choices based on
finances. My daughter desperately wants her own horse. I've crunched
the numbers. If the horse were perfectly healthy and I made some fairly
draconian cuts in other areas we could just barely afford it. But
having been around animals a fair bit, I'm unwilling to literally bet
the ranch that any horse is going to be perfectly healthy. An emergency
would push us over the edge. I never want to stand over a sick horse
and have to chose between medical care and the mortgage. So, no horse.
And the child is sad. As she's fond of telling me, it's not fair. But
"fair" is a word with no relevance here. The situation is what it is.

Most of the people on this group have faced similar decisions. We've
also been there to pick up the pieces when people living too close to
the edge take on responsibilities they are in no position to handle. So
if you're not getting the warm fuzzies you're looking for, try looking
at the situation from the other side.

Kathleen