Dealing Dogs on HBO

Old March 3rd 06, 03:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Dealing Dogs on HBO

Horrible. I could not watch the entire thing. I hope the dog dealer ended
up getting what he deserved.

Old March 5th 06, 06:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Mizzou condoned torture and abuse of dogs

"Papa Dog" wrote in message
In article t,
lid says...
Horrible. I could not watch the entire thing. I hope the dog dealer
ended
up getting what he deserved.

He deserved more than he got. They took his land worth millions and
they fined him like $262,000. Took him, his wife and sons class B
license.

It was his wife and two daughters.

He needs to have to live like those dogs did for about 10
years.

Supposedly the judge was going to rule on jail terms late last year but have
not found any specifics.

papa (who can't stand animal abusin' cowards)

That was the federal settlement. I believe he also had to pay $252,000 in
additional fines but this is nothing compared to the money he supposedly
made selling dogs to research facililties.

http://www.darnews.com/articles/2005...news/news5.txt

In 2003, a lab veterinarian at Mississippi State University complained to
the USDA about the condition of Baird's animals.
The school, in Starkville, Miss., regularly paid Baird at least $40,000 a
year for at least 16 dogs a week for 20 weeks a year. In comparison, using
dogs bred and raised especially for research, called Class A animals, would
have cost the school $160,000.

Baird's dogs -- mostly hounds and terriers -- arrived with open wounds,
malnourished and sick, said the lab animal veterinarian, who no longer works
at the school. She asked that her name not be used but her account was
verified by her supervisor, Dr. John Harkness, at Mississippi State.

http://www.hsus.org/animals_in_resea...rd_fine.h tml

Martin Creek Kennels sold thousands of cats and dogs to clients that
included the University of Missouri at Columbia, University of Colorado
Health Sciences Center, and Oregon State University. The University of
Missouri continued to purchase animals from Baird even after the USDA
brought federal charges against him in 1995, 2003, and 2004, including
charges regarding the falsification of health certificates for an unknown
number of dogs and cats that were sold to research facilities.

But the most disturbing comment comes from:
http://www.insolidaritywithanimals.com/news/ccbaird.php

Mizzou officials confirmed Wednesday that they had recently bought dogs from
C.C. Baird for use in teaching and research. They said they stopped buying
only when the kennels closed as part of the civil consent decision last
month.

"The reason we decided to continue obtaining animals was because oftentimes
animal rights groups will cry foul over any little thing," said Dr. William
Dale, director of the school's animal care quality assurance office.

These groups want to shut down animal testing on any level, Dale said. "If
we were to sever ties, we're buckling under to terrorist intimidators."

Personnally I would love to see "Dr. Death" Dale in a cage and treated the
same way.

Old March 7th 06, 05:52 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

It's a very difficult show to watch but I think it is necessary to make
people aware of what is going on so that it can eventually be stopped.