2 yr old bladder broblems

Old March 12th 06, 12:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default 2 yr old bladder broblems

Hi' everyone,
I have a 2 year old little Chihuahua, I think she has some foxy in her even
though I was assured she is a Chihuahua. I bought her from a pet store so
can't be sure, I don't care though as I love her so much. I have another
pure bred long haired Chihuahua, she is very tiny & much loved also. I
digress, my 2 year old can't seem to control her bladder when she gets
excited, like when I have been out she gets so excited when I come home so I
let her come out the front door to greet me as she just wets so much. When
friends come that is a problem as it happens then too, she just loves
everyone and can't seem to help herself so we have a few mistakes on the
carpet then, does anyone know what if anything I could do.
thank you for any advice.
Casey.

Old March 13th 06, 11:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Casey" wrote in message

my 2 year old can't seem to control her bladder when she gets excited, like
when I have been out she gets so excited when I come home

A google search for "submissive urination" will net you alot of results.
This is a fairly common problem in some dogs, but can often be corrected or
at least minimized with some minor changes in how you treat your pup.
Here's a pretty decent webpage article:

http://www.dogdaysusa.com/behaviorcenter_urination.asp

Ruth, Greta, Woody & Thelma

1 1/2 yr old lab with leaky bladder [email protected] Dog health 5 March 2nd 06 03:24 AM
bladder stones Brandy Dog behavior 2 June 6th 05 04:10 AM
how can dog food cause bladder infections? evil monkey Dog health 30 March 11th 05 09:38 PM
freddie and his bladder Dave Smith Dog behavior 0 September 26th 04 05:11 PM
Help Please! Bladder Stones Help Please! Bladder Stones Help Please! Bladder Stones Jeff Walker Dog health 9 March 9th 04 07:17 AM