Updates and Photos

Old March 17th 06, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Updates and Photos

Hello! I've been busy, and no longer have an email based usenet
reader, so I thought I'd use Google and send an update.
Coda is great, Bodhi is doing just fine as well. Dharma is now 7 mos.
old and prettier than I'd have ever imagined she's turn out. She is a
WILD CHILD, but very bold, outgoing and friendly. Beautiful
side-movement, pretty head, lovely temperament, and attitude! We're
just beginning our "official" obedience training, but I'm hoping she'll
be my first UD dog...she's got the drive and flash for it. We'll
dabble in other sports as well, but I think that may be her forte.
I broke down and purchased a new digital camera...a Nikon D50 (finally,
and SLR Yay!). I'm still teaching myself to use it, so the photos
aren't the most recent, they're about a month old.

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma9.html I have newer ones
of Coda & Bodhi as well, just haven't got them up online yet.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack, Bodhi & Dharma...

Old March 17th 06, 02:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack (Belgian Sheepdogs Bodhi & Dharma)"
wrote in message
oups.com...

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma9.html I have newer ones
of Coda & Bodhi as well, just haven't got them up online yet.

Wow, she's really grown up! I've always thought it too bad that puppies
don't get to retain their puppy size for as long as they have their puppy
brains & energy level. She looks like a happy handful and your comments
about her being dry & clean lead me to think you spend more time
housecleaning due to a messy puppy.

--
Tara

Old March 17th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Hahaha...not too much in the house. That is the beauty of the Belgian
coat--let it dry and brush it out! :-)
She LOVES mudpuddles and getting filthy. Go figure, the one I would
like to keep the cleanest is the PigPen!

She seems so little to me, compared to the boys. She finally reached
size (Sheepdog standard is 22" for bitches on the smallest end, but
they do give leeway of an 1 1/2" either way), and is only 37-38# right
now, so she is small. She's not tall enough to not have to bend over
a little to pet, but she's perfect "lap dog size"! (Bodhi, who thinks
that he's a lap dog, OTOH, is 25 1/4", and about 58#)

She is a hilarious girl, just does the silliest things to make me
laugh.
Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack...

Old March 17th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

http://www.geocities.com/shellybrosnan/dharma9.html I have newer ones
of Coda & Bodhi as well, just haven't got them up online yet.

great pictures, she's a beautiful dog. thanks for sharing the pictures.
have fun with the new camera!

Old March 18th 06, 02:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

She is a hilarious girl, just does the silliest things to make me
laugh.
Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack...

Oh my goodness, Shelly!! She is *gorgeous*!!!! VBG

I know what you mean about having a 'silliest' dog.
I often wonder if Boo, (Ceilidh), is like that because of her personality,
or does it have to do with being a female?

And, yet again, is it the 'labby' in her? I've only ever had two black lab
males in my life, so I know they are silly to begin with. What a
quandary. Heh.

Have often asked my dog park/lake pals about the difference when they've had
boys, and introduce a little girl to the crew. Or if they notice a 'silly'
gene moreso in girls vs. boys. Heh.

Rudy is the darlinest baby boy, extremely smart, it's too bad that I
couldn't get involved with 'agility' when he was younger, because of my
knees.
Zack is the scary sounding bark, but the sweet personality is there, all the
time, now. Can't believe they are 8 this year! (Zack in Jan. and Boo in
May.)
Boo, on the other hand, really does know how to make us laugh here. She's
the 'class clown'. G

I still remember having Rudy in hospital and the techs getting me a new
'pal'. They brought out Zack, so undernourished, (HUGE understatement), you
could see all of his bones, with no hair. Now I look at him and how eager he
is to learn, and please me/DH/whomever. What a difference!

He still drags Boo by the neck, once in awhile, not as much as before. BUT,
Boo winds up on her back being pulled around the house, by the neck. She
tucks tail and all legs in and gives us this 'Groucho Marx' look. If you put
a cigar n her mouf it would be the finishing touch! The whole time she's
being dragged, she is looking directly at me, and moving her eyebrows up and
down. All the while smiling very mischeviously pretty. G

Great to see you and the pics!

Thanks,
MaryBeth

Old March 18th 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Hehehehe...hey Mary Beth!
You know, I have to say that in Belgians, the majority of the girls are
pretty serious whereas the boys are goofy pranksters.
The bitches are way more...uh...undermining! But, I imagine that most
of her silliness is puppyhood. I hope she retains some
of it, but she is a very determined girl when she wants something, and
very persistent. So...I'm learning to train keeping that to my
advantage!
Hope your crew is doing well...

Shelly

Old March 18th 06, 11:31 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Shelly w/ Coda & The Black Pack (Belgian Sheepdogs Bodhi & Dharma)"
wrote in message
oups.com...
Hehehehe...hey Mary Beth!
You know, I have to say that in Belgians, the majority of the girls are
pretty serious whereas the boys are goofy pranksters.

In collies, the girl tend to be the serious ones and the boys tend to be
sweet loveable lugs. Until Lucy all my collies fell neatly into that
pattern. Silka & Zeffie were both serious girl collies, Dino & Pablo both
big silly sweeties. Now we have Lucy who is coming up to 4 years of age and
she is a charming, ditzy, blond drama queen. She a big flamboyant tease
with Pablo, she loves to play silly games with her toys & chewies and quite
expressive in everything she does. Her one fault is that she lacks in the
common sense department (the ditz part) which is why we call Lucy the
Anti-Lassie. Oddly enough when we are training in agility, she's attentive,
careful - and dare I say almost too serious -about the whole thing.

Well hey Shelly, good for you to drop in. Dharma looks great! And so does
Bohdi & my favorite Coda - the half-a-smoothie.

Chris and her Smoothies plus the visiting mini-Aussie,
Pablo, Lucy and Rascal