pregnant dog.

Old March 27th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default pregnant dog.

i think my dog might b pregnant - is thier any way 2 tell without
bringing her 2 a vet. - does a dog have 2 have been in heat 2 b
pregnant?

Old March 27th 06, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

And why don't you want to take her to a vet? If you really adore
animals, as your email address suggests, certainly you be taking your
dog to the vet as needed if you think she's pregnant.

On 26 Mar 2006 16:32:47 -0800, "
wrote:

i think my dog might b pregnant - is thier any way 2 tell without
bringing her 2 a vet. - does a dog have 2 have been in heat 2 b
pregnant?

-----
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Visit My Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/
Old March 27th 06, 02:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

And why don't you want to take her to a vet? If you really adore
animals, as your email address suggests, certainly you be taking your
dog to the vet as needed if you think she's pregnant.

I was wondering why the dog wasn't spayed

Old March 27th 06, 05:02 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 20:30:31 -0500, "MauiJNP" wrote:

And why don't you want to take her to a vet? If you really adore
animals, as your email address suggests, certainly you be taking your
dog to the vet as needed if you think she's pregnant.

I was wondering why the dog wasn't spayed

Me too. Regardless, if there is a chance this dog is pregnant, they
need to be taken to a vet for proper medical care. If not, then the
OP should get the dog spayed.
-----
Old March 27th 06, 05:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

its not that i dont want 2 take her 2 the vet - its that i cant - i
would if i could thats y i posted here - i was hopeing 2 get some
advice - not every1 in the world has the money 2 go 2 the vet, besides
i know plenty of people whos dogs have had pups and they didnt take
them 2 the vet.i love my dog very much and ive been doing lots of
reasearch on this 2 help her - and dont u dare try 2 say tht i dont
love my dog - i asked 4 advice on how 2 tell if she pregnant and how 2
make her pregnancy go well.[not critisisim]

Old March 27th 06, 06:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 27 Mar 2006 08:56:52 -0800, "
wrote:

its not that i dont want 2 take her 2 the vet - its that i cant - i
would if i could thats y i posted here - i was hopeing 2 get some
advice - not every1 in the world has the money 2 go 2 the vet, besides
i know plenty of people whos dogs have had pups and they didnt take
them 2 the vet.i love my dog very much and ive been doing lots of
reasearch on this 2 help her - and dont u dare try 2 say tht i dont
love my dog - i asked 4 advice on how 2 tell if she pregnant and how 2
make her pregnancy go well.[not critisisim]

1) Your posts will be read by more people if you use words instead of
abbreviations such as "u" and "every1".

2) The best way to tell if the dog is pregnant and to make sure her
pregnancy goes well is to take her to the vet. If you don't want to
do that, get a book, or ask the plenty of people you know whose dogs
were pregnant and never went to the vet.

3) If you can't afford to go to the vet, how are you going to afford
the intial care for a litter of pups?

Mustang Sally

Old March 27th 06, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

its not that i dont want 2 take her 2 the vet - its that i cant - i
would if i could thats y i posted here - i was hopeing 2 get some
advice - not every1 in the world has the money 2 go 2 the vet, besides
i know plenty of people whos dogs have had pups and they didnt take
them 2 the vet.i love my dog very much and ive been doing lots of
reasearch on this 2 help her - and dont u dare try 2 say tht i dont
love my dog - i asked 4 advice on how 2 tell if she pregnant and how 2
make her pregnancy go well.[not critisisim]

Part of the problem may be that your posts are hard to read. I don't want to
say this to make you feel bad, but to help so that your post is read by more
people. Sometimes the posts are numerous enough that they are scanned before
reading and those with very poor sentences, numbers for letters and bad
spelling are ignored. Don't be too defensive with your replies. Ignore those
yourself that don't give you an answer.

As for a pregnancy, in some dogs unless you have a lot of experience with
breeding and whelping and know what to look for, it's impossible to tell if
they're pregnant just by looking or palpating until they are so far along
that birth is imminent.

Old March 27th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

its not that i dont want 2 take her 2 the vet - its that i cant - i
would if i could thats y i posted here - i was hopeing 2 get some
advice - not every1 in the world has the money 2 go 2 the vet, besides

if you have money problems, maybe you and the vet can work out a payment
plan. and if you can't afford a vet, you shouldn't be breeding a dog.

i know plenty of people whos dogs have had pups and they didnt take
them 2 the vet.

that only means you know irresponsible pet owners not that it's a good idea
to avoid vet care for possibly pregnant and pregnant dogs

Old March 27th 06, 08:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

MauiJNP wrote:

its not that i dont want 2 take her 2 the vet - its that i cant - i
would if i could thats y i posted here - i was hopeing 2 get some
advice - not every1 in the world has the money 2 go 2 the vet, besides

if you have money problems, maybe you and the vet can work out a payment
plan. and if you can't afford a vet, you shouldn't be breeding a dog.

i know plenty of people whos dogs have had pups and they didnt take
them 2 the vet.

that only means you know irresponsible pet owners not that it's a good idea
to avoid vet care for possibly pregnant and pregnant dogs

i must say i was thinking the same thing as maui. what if your dog has
trouble in labour and needs a vet to assist? what if its a c section?
you will need advice on her diet and on the welfare of the pups. pups
are not cheap, you need to think of the mothers diet so she can carry
and then feed her pups as well as look after herself.

believe me my rescue and others here will have had a malnourished bitch
with her very sickly and close to death pups. luckily for me and the
dogs i've only seen it once since i've been a part of the rescue group
and i dont want to see it again.

go to the vet.

Old March 27th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

i didnt breed her.i was takeing her for a walk and she broke off the
chain i chased her 4 a while but she is really fast - anyway she came
home like an hour and a half later.we were going 2 get her fixed - but
thats the day she broke off the chain and we missed the appointment
[just my luck] - and then we ran into some money problems.besides i
called our vet and he charges $117 4 a ultra sound - so im calling
around 2 c if anyone knows where i can have her examed at an affordable
price.just because i dont have the money 4 an ultrasound does not mean
that i dont love or take good care of my dog and untill some of you are
in my shoes please do not critisize how i take care of my dog.shes very
healthy im just trying 2 find out if she is or isnt pregnant so i know
what to expect.

how do i know if my dog is pregnant? [email protected] Dog health 0 March 27th 06 01:22 AM
pregnant dog diet peter Dog health 1 August 10th 05 01:22 PM
Another Dog in household with pregnant bitch?? [email protected] Dog health 3 April 13th 05 09:20 PM
Chihauha is pregnant - Any hints or tips [email protected] Dog health 0 March 3rd 05 01:49 PM
Pregnant Great Dane help needed Natalie Rigertas Dog breeds 6 December 30th 04 01:57 AM