Dog urniating in the house

Old March 28th 06, 10:40 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Dog urniating in the house

Hi,

We have 3 german Shepherds who have established their pack hierarchy.
The guy at the bottom has recently started to urinate inside the house,
against doors, beneath windows, and along certain specific areas.

What has changed?

We did move into this new house 4 months ago, which is roughly when it
started, but it has been getting a little worse. He did do it once
before, but that was when we had guests in the house for a long period,
and we took it to mean that he didnt like them in his house ?

We have also had workmen in the house in the last few weeks, which
seems to increase his marking activity. He doesnt do it infront of you,
and it seems to always be when we are asleep at night, he wanders off
to do it.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Old March 28th 06, 07:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

We have 3 german Shepherds who have established their pack
hierarchy. The guy at the bottom has recently started to
urinate inside the house, against doors, beneath windows,
and along certain specific areas.

Ages? Sexes? Speutered?

What has changed?

Your guy at the bottom may have decided to move up a notch. You
may be trying to manipulate the top dog position. He may have a
urinary tarct infection. Reading ahead, another dog may have
pissed there.

In backwards order, these are the more likely causes.

We did move into this new house 4 months ago, which is
roughly when it started, but it has been getting a little
worse. He did do it once before, but that was when we had
guests in the house for a long period, and we took it to
mean that he didnt like them in his house ?

Probably not.

We have also had workmen in the house in the last few
weeks, which seems to increase his marking activity. He
doesnt do it infront of you, and it seems to always be when
we are asleep at night, he wanders off to do it.

Yup - he may be choosing times and places when/where he won't be
corrected.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Old March 29th 06, 02:14 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Get him a blood workup. He may be diabetic. The hallmark of diabetes
is constantly drinking water and peeing.

Ron M.