Hovawart temptation

Old August 10th 03, 09:45 PM
Stacy

Default Hovawart temptation

Lynn K. wrote:
| I could be in trouble. I've fended off puppies for years telling
| myself that I have to wait for my 18 yr old dog to die (she may
| outlive me!) and waiting for a breeding of April Quist's BC Epic.
|
| But Dogs Happen.
|
| The best Hovawart (Grace) in the U.S. had 4 pups last Wed. and the
| reservation for one of the females has fallen through. They want a
| working home. I want a working dog. I adore the dam and have worked
| with her since she hit these shores at 10 weeks old. Somebody please
| talk me out of this. Please.
|
| http://www.hovawarts.org/puppies.htm
|
| Lynn K.

I wouldnt try to talk you out of it.....I dont know much about the breed but
they are attractive dogs for sure. The President of AHNA lives real close to
me... not that I could even AFFORD another dog at this time.

Hope you make the right choice for you... and your dog(s)...

Stacy

Old August 10th 03, 10:57 PM
FurPaw

Lynn K. wrote:
I could be in trouble. I've fended off puppies for years telling
myself that I have to wait for my 18 yr old dog to die (she may
outlive me!) and waiting for a breeding of April Quist's BC Epic.

But Dogs Happen.

The best Hovawart (Grace) in the U.S. had 4 pups last Wed. and the
reservation for one of the females has fallen through. They want a
working home. I want a working dog. I adore the dam and have worked
with her since she hit these shores at 10 weeks old. Somebody please
talk me out of this. Please.

Why???

http://www.hovawarts.org/puppies.htm

They're beautiful dogs! Wow!

FurPaw
--
There's no reason to give credence to anything spoken above 90
decibels.

To reply, unleash the dog.

Old August 10th 03, 11:11 PM
bentcajungirl

Lynn,
I think it is useless to resist.
Perry
bentcajungirl

Old August 10th 03, 11:38 PM
FurPaw

bentcajungirl wrote:
Lynn,
I think it is useless to resist.
Perry
bentcajungirl
"FurPaw" wrote in message

"Resistance is futile..."

FurPaw

Old August 11th 03, 01:16 AM
Rocky

Lynn K. said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Somebody please talk me out of this.

Nuh uh.

Please.

Congratulations!

http://www.hovawarts.org/puppies.htm

On second thought, you should probably wait. If you're stuck
for a placement, give me a call.

--
--Matt. Rocky's a Dog.
Old August 11th 03, 02:54 AM
Paula

Lynn K. wrote:

I could be in trouble. I've fended off puppies for years telling
myself that I have to wait for my 18 yr old dog to die (she may
outlive me!) and waiting for a breeding of April Quist's BC Epic.

But Dogs Happen.

The best Hovawart (Grace) in the U.S. had 4 pups last Wed. and the
reservation for one of the females has fallen through. They want a
working home. I want a working dog. I adore the dam and have worked
with her since she hit these shores at 10 weeks old. Somebody please
talk me out of this. Please.

You know you want her. You came to the absolute wrong place to be
talked out of having her. I think she will be one lucky dog if she gets
to live with you and you won't be so bad off, either. GO FOR IT!

--
Paula
"Some of my wife's relatives, to drive them crazy, you'd
Old August 11th 03, 08:35 AM
Stacy

Lynn K. wrote:
| "Stacy" wrote in message news:
||| http://www.hovawarts.org/puppies.htm
|| The President of AHNA lives real close to
|| me... not that I could even AFFORD another dog at this time.
|
| She imported a little black & gold male from Holland (shown on the
| puppy page) that I am absolutely gaga over. That pup has never had a
| gawky moment, in body or temperament. He's going to be spectacular.
| I don't even want to think about what he cost - hand picked by the
| Pres. of the international club, 2 required trips to Holland, etc..
|
| Lynn K.

OMG!!!! That puppy has come a long way

Im sure he will end up in a great home, be it yours or someone elses.

Old August 16th 03, 08:22 AM
Child

"Lynn K." wrote in message
om...
I could be in trouble. I've fended off puppies for years telling
myself that I have to wait for my 18 yr old dog to die (she may
outlive me!) and waiting for a breeding of April Quist's BC Epic.

But Dogs Happen.

The best Hovawart (Grace) in the U.S. had 4 pups last Wed. and the
reservation for one of the females has fallen through. They want a
working home. I want a working dog. I adore the dam and have worked
with her since she hit these shores at 10 weeks old. Somebody please
talk me out of this. Please.

no way. this way i can own a hovawart vicariously.

Old August 16th 03, 10:34 AM
Charlie Wilkes

On Fri, 15 Aug 2003 23:22:36 -0800, "Child"
wrote:

"Lynn K." wrote in message
. com...
I could be in trouble. I've fended off puppies for years telling
myself that I have to wait for my 18 yr old dog to die (she may
outlive me!) and waiting for a breeding of April Quist's BC Epic.

But Dogs Happen.

The best Hovawart (Grace) in the U.S. had 4 pups last Wed. and the
reservation for one of the females has fallen through. They want a
working home. I want a working dog. I adore the dam and have worked
with her since she hit these shores at 10 weeks old. Somebody please
talk me out of this. Please.

no way. this way i can own a hovawart vicariously.

All this talk about hovawarts has gotten me inspired, and.I have
decided to become a hovawart breeder. Actually, what I really want to
do is cross a hovawart with a toy poodle and breed hovadoodles. I can
probably pick up a poodle at any shelter, but how much will I have to
pay for my hovawart bitch?

Charlie