Agrressive behavior

Old April 3rd 06, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Agrressive behavior

I have a 2 year old black lab(no papers but I was told mom and dad were
both black labs).
He is a very large(not fat) 125 lb. male. Like most lab puppy's he has
alot of energy and does not realize his size. He has always played
rough but has learned to go easy on the family when he plays and when
my 12 year old has friends over he still jumps up sometimes but has
never bit me, my husband my son or his friends. He is very protective
when in the car or in our fenced in yard. If anyone were to stick a
hand in the window of the car or attempt to come over the fence or even
reach a hand through the fence to pet him he would definatly attack.
He barks and becomes vicious to any one passing by the yard or the car.
I can't control him at this point. Once when he was lunging at
someone while in the car I grabbed him to pull him back and he turned
and almost bit me. He stopped as soon as he realized it was me but it
did frighten me. He really is a big baby when it comes to the family
so loving and always wants to be right there with us, full of kisses
and love. I don't know how or why he has become so aggressive with
others. He's a huge dog and I'm affraid one day he will really hurt
someone. Any suggestions on how to control this type of behavior
before this happens would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Kitkerri

Old April 3rd 06, 08:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 2 Apr 2006 22:13:48 -0700 kITKERRI whittled these words:
others. He's a huge dog and I'm affraid one day he will really hurt
someone. Any suggestions on how to control this type of behavior
before this happens would be greatly appreciated.

Take an obedience class. There is no substitute for in person teaching.
It really isn't fair to your dog to NOT take him to obedience class. Look
for a good instructor ASAP.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old April 3rd 06, 02:26 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hi my mother has a 3yr old Collie whom she got from a dog shelter.
He is alright in the house and OK around my dog, though when on the
lead he pulls a lot.
If he sees another dog it's barking and lunging time! Though he's
never tried to attack any human. The vet has suggested he should have
the "operation" to calm him down, this might be an idea for your dog.
Diane