link to photos swollen inflamed paw

Old April 5th 06, 12:47 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default link to photos swollen inflamed paw

Yesterday morning I noticed my Dag licking his paw and uon inspection
saw it wzs inflamed as though he had been bitten. I alcoholed twice and
by evening it looked normal. Then this afternoon it looked worse than
ever. I took two pictures. it is pusy and has a small lesion no it as
can be seen from one of the pictures.

I won't be able to take him to the vet until Friday and wondered if
anyone knew what may be wrong with his paw or how to remedy it.
I searched the term "swollen paw" and came up with a dozen posts, but
none helped.
thanks for any help

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k5zxgt...zxgt/my_photos

Old April 5th 06, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On 4 Apr 2006 16:47:51 -0700, , clicked their heels
and said:

Yesterday morning I noticed my Dag licking his paw and uon inspection
saw it wzs inflamed as though he had been bitten.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/k5zxgt...zxgt/my_photos

It looks like there may be something IN there. A stinger, thorn,
something of that sort.. If you can, soak it (dogs don't really like
soaking though!). Get a strong light and see if you can find
anything. Other than something obvious at that point, don't mess with
it - wait until you see the vet, but tell them it's an emergency and
get your dog in there faster - infection can get really nasty.
--
Janet Boss
Old April 8th 06, 12:13 PM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

Smile

i agree, my dogs also get thorns in their feet and the start to chew them and their paws swell up. bath them in salt water then check for anything that .may cause irretation.xx M.4.E
SaShA**LoVe HeR NoT hAtE HeR.**