What breed is my dog 2006! -- just curious

Old April 8th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default What breed is my dog 2006! -- just curious

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever, but I thought you guys could
tell me better. There are a lot of different
terriers and retrievers, and I'm sure I don't know
half of them.

http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

Thanks!
lb.
Old April 8th 06, 06:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:56:58 GMT, LB wrote:

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix,

I don't know what she is, but I really want to cuddle her! She looks
adorable. I hope she's very happy with you.

Your cat, on the other hand, scares me... (lol)

Anne
and Baxter, who's definitely a beagle
http://baxterob.home.mchsi.com

Old April 8th 06, 11:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"LB" wrote in message
Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever, but I thought you guys could
tell me better. There are a lot of different
terriers and retrievers, and I'm sure I don't know
half of them.

http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

I looked at Macadamia's photos and frankly no particular breed comes to
mind. I think you have a Classic White-Toed Tan Dog. The only thing I can
say with certainty is that she's 100% cute. Your other dog, S'more is quite
lovely as well. Your kitties have very impressive teeth & claws - no tartar
and the claw tips look nicely sharpened. My advice to you is to put a sign
up at your door: "Don't mind the dogs, BEWARE OF THE CATS."

Chris and her smoothies,
Pablo and Lucy-Goosey

Old April 8th 06, 12:02 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

LB wrote in
:

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever,
http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

The puppy pics are adorable, but this "guess my breed" game can be properly
played only with boring "show" photos. It is essential that the dog stands,
so its body proportions, leg length and tail carriage are visible, not just
face (but I got to admit that these head shot are excellent). It is also
important to be able to compare the dog to something which has a known
size, and not to a toy or a pillow.

The dog looks rather small, and its legs look shortish but the photos might
lie. My guess based on what I think I see from the photos: Lots of Jack
Russel mixed with some Beagle and perhaps with some spaniel/poodle too. And
there might be a small dose of about whatever from retrievers to pit bull
in the mix as well. I think that it is quite possible that none of its
parents was a purebred, and this might mean that this little fellow is a
mixture of four or even more breeds.

Liisa

Old April 8th 06, 12:19 PM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

Talking

well i think that she has got some sort of terrier in her but she looks alot like some sort of whippet x. she has the right sort build. i have a gryhound x collie and i must say they DO look alike.
__________________
SaShA**LoVe HeR NoT hAtE HeR.**
Old April 9th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 10:19:34 GMT, chris jung
transmitted this:

"LB" wrote in message
.. .
Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever, but I thought you guys could
tell me better. There are a lot of different
terriers and retrievers, and I'm sure I don't know
half of them.

http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

I looked at Macadamia's photos and frankly no particular breed comes to
mind. I think you have a Classic White-Toed Tan Dog.

Those are good!

The only thing I can
say with certainty is that she's 100% cute. Your other dog, S'more is quite
lovely as well.

Oh, yes, she was. She left us last month, but her
spirit's still with us, and she had some spirit.
She lived with us for 11 years, used to sleep in
the bed and sit on the couch, she helped with the
gardening and recycling, too. She was some
character, always busy. Loved the cats, too, and
they all loved her. Part of the reason we decided
to adopt again was because the cats missed having
a dog around, and we did too.

Your kitties have very impressive teeth & claws - no tartar
and the claw tips look nicely sharpened. My advice to you is to put a sign
up at your door: "Don't mind the dogs, BEWARE OF THE CATS."

HAHAHA, I should, JT's quite the guard cat. He
doesn't let me trim his claws, but thankfully he
uses them wisely. His brother does let me trim
his nails, so I'm hoping our little girl sees that
I can give a good manicure and lets me trim her
claws when she needs it.

Chris and her smoothies,
Pablo and Lucy-Goosey

LB
Old April 9th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:02:55 +0000 (UTC), Liisa
Sarakontu transmitted this:

LB wrote in
:

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever,
http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

The puppy pics are adorable, but this "guess my breed" game can be properly
played only with boring "show" photos. It is essential that the dog stands,
so its body proportions, leg length and tail carriage are visible, not just
face (but I got to admit that these head shot are excellent). It is also
important to be able to compare the dog to something which has a known
size, and not to a toy or a pillow.

True, I haven't caught her standing still long
enough to get a full shot of her body, but she's
about 22" long right now. She's 4-months-old too,
I didn't mention that.

The dog looks rather small, and its legs look shortish but the photos might
lie. My guess based on what I think I see from the photos: Lots of Jack
Russel mixed with some Beagle and perhaps with some spaniel/poodle too. And
there might be a small dose of about whatever from retrievers to pit bull
in the mix as well. I think that it is quite possible that none of its
parents was a purebred, and this might mean that this little fellow is a
mixture of four or even more breeds.

Fine by me, we were thinking there was a little
Jack Russel or pit bull terrier in there, she has
that type of tail, rather than the retriever tail.
Whatever she is, we love her to bits.

Liisa

LB

Old April 9th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 11:19:06 +0000, morgan4eva
transmitted this:

well i think that she has got some sort of terrier in her but she looks
alot like some sort of whippet x. she has the right sort build. i have
a gryhound x collie and i must say they DO look alike.

The man at the shelter had said she might have a
little collie in her too, so I guess she's a bunch
of the best bits of a lot of dogs.

LB
Old April 9th 06, 12:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 00:12:29 -0500, AMB
transmitted this:

On Sat, 08 Apr 2006 04:56:58 GMT, LB wrote:

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix,

I don't know what she is, but I really want to cuddle her! She looks
adorable. I hope she's very happy with you.

She's even cuter in real life, if that's possible.
I hope she's happy with us too, she wags her tail
and follows us everywhere (when we aren't carrying
her), but I think she wants to remodel our
backyard and get the fence out of her way.

Your cat, on the other hand, scares me... (lol)

HAHAHA, little JT? He's a sweetheart, but he's
very serious about chasing sticks.

Anne
and Baxter, who's definitely a beagle
http://baxterob.home.mchsi.com

Baxter's adorable, give him a chin scratch for me.

LB.
Old April 9th 06, 01:26 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Hi, we just adopted this lovable little girl, and
the shelter said she was a terrier mix, with maybe
a little retriever, but I thought you guys could
tell me better. There are a lot of different
terriers and retrievers, and I'm sure I don't know
half of them.

http://tinyurl.com/h2ul6

wow, those are some great pictures! She's a cutie!

Can I ask what kind of camera you have?