Slightly OT, but still dog-related

Old April 10th 06, 05:23 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Slightly OT, but still dog-related

Pepper has a home!!!!

Pepper is a mini-Schnauzer. An elderly neighbor down-a-few-blocks-and-
around-the-corner acquired him as a young dog a few years ago (don't
know where from). Pepper is a very sweet, but very energetic dog. The
neighbor, shortly thereafter, went into the hospital for "minor" heart
surgery and died on the operating table. His wife, a very nice woman,
but not in the best of health, was left with a dog she couldn't handle,
but didn't want to rehome because he'd meant so much to her husband.
The neighbors pitched in, various folks walking Pepper almost every day,
but most of the time when I walked by, whether he was in the house or
out in the yard, was barking his head off "Look at me! Play with me!".

Last week I walked by that block, and the house was empty and for sale.
A couple of days later I ran into a young woman with a Schnauzer and
asked if she knew what happened to Pepper. She said someone down the
street had taken him.

Well, today I was out walking my dogs, and there was a small party going
on on the front porch of one of the houses. I asked if they knew who
had taken Pepper, and one of them opened the front door and out ran
Pepper and another dog! And I've never seen Pepper so relaxed and non-
barking. I talked to the gent (another retiree) who had taken him. He
told me that he walks Pepper 2-3 times a day, and the other dog is his
daughter's, who visits frequently. They also take Pepper to see his
former owner, who is now in a nursing home, on a regular basis.

Happy ending! Plus, if anything happens to Pepper's current owner, the
young woman with the other Schnauzer will take him. Yay!
--
Debbie the Dogged das at spamcop dot net
"Poodles are space aliens who think they've disguised