Looking for a Cockapoo Breeder in Ontario

Old April 11th 06, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Looking for a Cockapoo Breeder in Ontario

Hi
I'm trying to find a good breeder of Cockapoos in the Ontario region.
Any ideas?
Thanks for the assistance
Keith

Old April 11th 06, 07:37 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"dallygirl" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

you will find plenty of cross breeds at your local shelter.

In the poster's post to rpd.breeds, I pointed him to a beautiful
1 year old male cocker/poodle in a shelter in his general area.
I hope the poster follows up.

Old April 12th 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Mark Shaw wrote:
There are no good breeders of mongrels, anywhere.

There are good breeders of Alaskan Huskies, which are
mongrels.

Interesting; I had no idea.

I'll take your word for the "good" part (assuming you mean
ethical, responsible, etc). You're the Northern Breed maven.

However, I doubt very much that there are good
breeders of poo dogs.

Yup.

Some jackass, seeing that Baron hasn't been snipped (yet),
approached me the other day about the idea of "schnoodles."
I kept my composure, though.

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
"Outside of a dog, a book is probably man's best
Old April 12th 06, 11:50 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Rocky wrote:
"dallygirl" said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

you will find plenty of cross breeds at your local shelter.

In the poster's post to rpd.breeds, I pointed him to a beautiful
1 year old male cocker/poodle in a shelter in his general area.
I hope the poster follows up.

i do hope so. i hate it when a dog becomes a fashion item and right now
its fashionable to have a 'cockapoo' . it really does rile me and right
now its a puppy farmers dream come true with bloody 'jackapoos' and god
knows what and yet if i were to offer one of these ppl a jrt x or a
poodle x it just wouldnt do. }: (

Old April 12th 06, 03:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Mark Shaw wrote:
I'll take your word for the "good" part (assuming you mean
ethical, responsible, etc). You're the Northern Breed maven.

Even though the dogs aren't recognized as a breed, a lot of
the things that go along with what we call breeds are done,
as well. I would venture that the average Alaskan Husky
owner who works his dogs knows more about his dogs'
pedigrees (i.e. not just who the ancestors were, but what
they looked like, how they ran, who owned them, who the
siblings were and who owned them, and so on) than the
average purebred pet owner. There are probably a couple of
things disqualifying them as a breed, particularly that
there's a huge amount of variety in physical type. There
are some people who breed because they think it's cheaper
than buying and so they breed whatever they've got around,
but the good breeders are extremely fastidious.