My dog wanna escape and ignore my commands

Old April 12th 06, 08:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default My dog wanna escape and ignore my commands

Sometimes I have an problem with my 2 year old Lab who sometimes ignore my
commands, especially in a new environment, like in a wood. He runs all
around, outside of my sight and return back after few hours (my home is
near the small wood).
The next example is when we are in my yard, he looks for an oportunity to
escape all around. If I so him on a time sometimes, he walks slowly, with
said eyes, to me, but sometimes he just look at me and go away.
I know that is a lonely while I'm on a job, but after 4pm we are together
all afternoon and evening, so that can be excuse.
Could you please help me with an advice of drill or good site which
describes the similar problem and how to solve it.

thank you on yor patience with me and my english

Old April 12th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:17:22 +0200, Dado wrote:

Sometimes I have an problem with my 2 year old Lab who sometimes ignore my
commands, especially in a new environment, like in a wood. He runs all
around, outside of my sight and return back after few hours (my home is
near the small wood).

Mario, to curb his tendency to "run all around," out of your sight,
etc., your dog needs some good RECALL training.

Here's something to help get you started:

http://www.lakeeffectdogs.com/Recall_Exercises.htm

Ideally, you should enroll your dog and yourself in a good OBEDIENCE
TRAINING class, too, because the very best results are obtained by
utilizing a comprehensive (includes all the basic commands, etc.)
training program.

The next example is when we are in my yard, he looks for an oportunity to
escape all around. If I so him on a time sometimes, he walks slowly, with
said eyes, to me, but sometimes he just look at me and go away.

I'm not quite sure that I understand that, Mario, but it sounds like
RECALL training should solve your "problem" in the yard, too.

[]
thank you on yor patience with me and my english

Your English is a thousand times better than my Croatian...

Sretno!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Climate of Fear:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

Media Hot Air on Global Warming
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=21762

Eco-Imperialism - Green Power. Black death:
http://www.eco-imperialism.com/main.php

Highly Over-Hyped: Greenland's and Antarctica's Impacts on Sea Level
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...9/N13/EDIT.jsp

Antarctic Ice: The Cold Truth
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=030306H

Climate of Uncertainty:
http://www.aei.org/publications/filt...pub_detail.asp

More Hot Air on Global Warming:
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/4417_0_2_0_C/

The Oregon Project:
http://www.oism.org/pproject/

World Climate Report:
http://www.worldclimatereport.com/

Canada: Sixty scientists call on Harper to revisit the science of global warming!
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...59d605&rfp=dta

Old April 13th 06, 07:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Handsome Jack Morrison" je napisao u
poruci interesnoj .. .
[...]

Thank you very much. I think that
http://www.lakeeffectdogs.com/reteaching_recall.htm will help me. I only
must to find out how to stop him to not to push his mouth between legs and
it will be a perfect dog.