You have to check out this site

Old April 13th 06, 10:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default You have to check out this site

If you love children and pets please visit this site Free membership
www.masterpiecefactory.com

Old April 23rd 06, 03:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 13 Apr 2006 14:03:13 -0700, "www.encouragementstories.com"
wrote:

If you love children and pets please visit this site Free membership
www.masterpiecefactory.com

I didn't see anything about pets on your site, but I've been known to miss things. Seeing
that the site is about autism, and [probably] *your* wares, why did you post your message
in this newsgroup? Was it because pet owners are sometimes considered softies? Did you
know there are autism newsgroups?

I don't appreciate children, but we need to be reminded of ailments that don't directly
effect us. I'd have stayed longer, if your lure {pets} had not been so deceptive.

In case it matters,I considered the white text on a black background hard to read, and
making the site unnecessarily dreary; but it is merely my opinion.

When I count my blessings, I count my dog twice.
Old April 23rd 06, 10:54 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Michael A. Ball wrote:
In case it matters,I considered the white text on a black
background hard to read, and making the site unnecessarily
dreary; but it is merely my opinion.

When I was in graduate school, back when we had text-only
terminals I used to flip my default colors from green text
on black to black text on green because I found it easier to
read. One day someone who was wandering around the terminal
cluster saw my screen and stopped to talk. He said that the
reason that people find dark-on-light easier to read has to
do with the quantitative difference that adding new text
introduces. This may have been the biggest load of horse
poop ever, or maybe just a small load of horse poop, but if
you treat the absence of light as the default and as the
least amount of work, introducing new light-colored text to
a black screen makes a greater relative difference than
introducing new dark-colored text to a light screen.

I have no idea whether or not that's actually true but I
thought it was an interesting explanation and it does seem
to be the case that people prefer dark text on a light
background. That is to say, it may be considerably more
than merely your opinion.

I'm a light-on-dark guy, myself. Not sure why. But my most
common setting in xterm is yellow-on-black; I guess I just
find it easier for my aging eyes to read, particularly in my
rather dark office.

One consequence of this is the very frustrating fact that
it's not very easy to defeat the highlight-by-color "feature,"
which is much less than helpful in a light-on-dark terminal.
I've thwarted vim's syntax-highlighting with a simple .vimrc
setting, but as far as everything else goes, I've been reduced
to just setting TERM to 'dumb'. Ah well.

--
Mark Shaw (And Baron) moc TOD liamg TA wahsnm
and get used to the idea." -Robert A. Heinlein