help needed

Old April 19th 06, 12:14 PM
chrsprs156 chrsprs156 is offline
Junior Member

Default help needed

my dog has what looks like warts on his face tail and upper body does anyone know how i can get rid of them as the one on his tail bleeds when he gets over exicited?
Old April 19th 06, 02:22 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

chrsprs156 composed these thoughts and
posted them :

my dog has what looks like warts on his face tail and upper body does
anyone know how i can get rid of them as the one on his tail bleeds
when he gets over exicited?

What did your vet say?
Old April 20th 06, 01:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

He needs to be seen by a vet and probably have the one on his tail
surgically removed. As for the others if they are tiny and not causing harm
why bother removing them.

My dog Buddy has a huge on one his back and he goes to the vet tomorrow to
have removed. I wouldn't worry with it but he's caught it several times
while scooting under the coffee table so it's time to have it removed. He
also has probably a dozen other small ones scattered from his face clear
down his belly and legs that we won't worry with until they begin to get
larger.

Celeste

--
chrsprs156

Old April 20th 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 00:03:56 GMT, "Spot"
wrote:

He needs to be seen by a vet and probably have the one on his tail
surgically removed. As for the others if they are tiny and not causing harm
why bother removing them.

Spot is correct that you may not need to have the little ones removed.
However, if you do need to have the one surgically removed, you may
want to speak with the vet about removing the others.

Baxter has developed these and twice they have reached a size that was
problematic. In both cases he needed to be put under anesthesia.
This last time the vet ran his hands over Baxter while he was under
and "shaved" off as many small ones as he could find. This hopefully
caught some of the ones that would later grow large. I also like
having them gone because I'd been concerned about catching my
fingernails on them when scratching vigorously.

The vet explained the problem to me -- if I understand correctly,
Baxter's are a form of viral infection. There is nothing that can be
done to "cure" the problem.

Do have the vet check this out -- The vet did explain to me that if
they got too large, it is much more difficult to bring the skin
together to stitch the dog closed after the surgery. (The tail, for
example, has very little loose skin to work with.)

Good luck,

Anne
and Baxter, who did look a bit like Franken-dog after the last
surgery. But now the fur's grown in.

http://baxterob.home.mchsi.com