Any advice welcome...

Old April 21st 06, 05:00 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Any advice welcome...

Hello everyone,

Someone please help me!

I am getting very frustrated with the behavior of my chihuahua. We
(primarily me, and my husband also) adopted him three months ago from a
rescue. He has progressed wonderfully from frightened, cringing little
dog to outgoing guy who everyone loves.

There is only one problem. I am the main disciplinarian, the main
feeder, and the person who is around him the most. I take him on
business trips and have worked on socializing him. He charms everyone
he meets.

The problem: he growls at me--and only at me--and shows his teeth.
Today, my friend was holding him in her arms and I reached out to pet
him, and he growled and showed his teeth at me. He has done this
numerous times when I am discplining him, or when someone else is
holding him.

What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Many many thanks,

Kay.

Old April 21st 06, 06:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

What do you do when you "disipline" him? It could be he fears you will
punish him and he is defending himself from you.
--
Alison
http://catinfolinks.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/

Old April 24th 06, 06:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

What is going on? What am I doing wrong?

Many many thanks,

Kay.

One question, first?
How do you 'discipline' the dog?