My Scottish Terrier

Old April 24th 06, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default My Scottish Terrier

Hi I own a lovely two year old male Scottish Terrier .A week ago ,my
husband getting out of the yard with my dog on a leach.

My dog was attack by a big dog ,a mix labrador and something else.

He took my dog by the neck ,the dog that attack mine was on a leach to ,but
the man was not able to control him.So my husband kick the big dog to make
him stop choking my dog.

He did that once and the big dog stop.Now my dog shake and is scrared.

He was timid to start with ,but now he is really scared.And the owner of
the big dog made a complain to the police for cruelty to animals.

My husband adore animals and particularly dogs and cats.In the 40 years I
knowned him,never I saw him hurt an animal.

I am in Quebec,Canada and it look like he should have left the other dog
kill mine by what the police seam to imply.

My dog weight is about 18 pounds and the other one was about 75 pounds.

I feel so sad and worried about the whole situation.We have to go to
court.Here this a criminal offense.But what to do ,the big dog was not hurt.

While talking with the police and this a week after it happened,my Scottie
was shaking like a leaf.I feel so sad about this.

Thanks for reading me,I guess I needed to tell someone.

Sorry for my bad spelling and grammar, English is a second language for me.

Felicia

Old April 24th 06, 01:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 20:27:45 -0500, "Felicia"
wrote:

[]
I am in Quebec,Canada and it look like he should have left the other dog
kill mine by what the police seam to imply.

My dog weight is about 18 pounds and the other one was about 75 pounds.

I feel so sad and worried about the whole situation.We have to go to
court.Here this a criminal offense.But what to do ,the big dog was not hurt.

While talking with the police and this a week after it happened,my Scottie
was shaking like a leaf.I feel so sad about this.

Unless you're leaving something out of your story, Felicia, it's nice
to know that Canadian police officers can be just as stupid as their
counterparts in the U.S.

It's also nice to know that Canadian laws (again, unless you're
leaving something out) can be just as silly and ridiculous as their
counterparts in the U.S.

The reason it's nice to know about this is that sometimes we Americans
think that we have the market cornered on stupid people who do stupid
stuff (like pass really stupid laws).

Get yourself a lawyer (hopefully not a stupid one) and hope that the
judge isn't as stupid as the police officer. Just to play it safe.

Also tell your husband that, IMO, he did the right thing.

Unfortunately he did it in a country with stupid laws and stupid
police officers.

Good luck!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Climate of Fear:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

Media Hot Air on Global Warming
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=21762

Eco-Imperialism - Green Power. Black death:
http://www.eco-imperialism.com/main.php

Highly Over-Hyped: Greenland's and Antarctica's Impacts on Sea Level
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...9/N13/EDIT.jsp

Antarctic Ice: The Cold Truth
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=030306H

Climate of Uncertainty:
http://www.aei.org/publications/filt...pub_detail.asp

More Hot Air on Global Warming:
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/4417_0_2_0_C/

The Oregon Project:
http://www.oism.org/pproject/

World Climate Report:
http://www.worldclimatereport.com/

Canada: Sixty scientists call on Harper to revisit the science of global warming!
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...59d605&rfp=dta

Old April 24th 06, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:20:40 -0500, "Felicia" ,
clicked their heels and said:

Well she took the wrong one to do it to this time.My poor Scottie is still
shaking a times.

And my husband add tears in his eyes just looking at him.

Try to get your Scottie out around SAFE larger and well-behaved dogs.
Getting yourselves around them helps too - tranferring fear is not
healthy (not saying you are, but I know how easily it happens after an
incident like this!). Boost her confidence and you'll see that
shaking disappear.

--
Janet Boss
Old April 24th 06, 10:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Jack ,you brought me luck.

I called the police stattion just an hour ago, they said that it would not
go to court.

Actually the police chef said to the inspector ,Are F..... kidding,case
closed.

I told you all there was.

But having a witness that help a lot.

So my husband is not going to court.So glad .

But I am angry ,and we are going to see a lawyer this week,I am going to
sue her.

Others told me she does that all the time.

Well she took the wrong one to do it to this time.My poor Scottie is still
shaking a times.

And my husband add tears in his eyes just looking at him.

I will never thank you enough for taking the time to answer my post,in such
a kind way.

It did help me so much.

A big hug to you,dear.I can say that I am an old lady. :-)

Felicia

"Handsome Jack Morrison"
wrote in message
. .. On Sun, 23 Apr 2006
20:27:45 -0500, "Felicia"

[]

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles/ReadArticle.asp?ID=21762

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/articles/V9/N13/EDIT.jsp

http://www.aei.org/publications/filter.all,pubID.23912/pub_detail.asp

More Hot Air on Global Warming:

http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/4417_0_2_0_C/

The Oregon Project:

http://www.oism.org/pproject/

World Climate Report:

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/

Canada: Sixty scientists call on Harper to revisit the science of global

warming!

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...d=3711460e-bd5
a-475d-a6be-4db87559d605&rfp=dta

Old April 24th 06, 10:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Felicia" wrote in message
[...]

Felicia,Good for you!Dog owners like the one you and your pooch had the
horrible run it with give Dog owners a bad name.If a dog can't be controled
then it shouldn't be allowed out of it's yard,period.Legal action is
certainly a great way to make this known to the offender with the mean
dog.Good luck with your suit!And I hope your little Scottie gets well and is
back to his old self soon.

BrianD

"Handsome Jack Morrison"
wrote in message
. .. On Sun, 23 Apr 2006
20:27:45 -0500, "Felicia"

[]

Old April 24th 06, 11:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Janet,good advise.

Today we took our two dogs with us ,and went to the chalet.

It was quiet there and they love it.So it help a litle.

Sometime we give him to much attention,so we try to leave him decide when

he wish to to get attention.

My other dog is a West Highland Terrier and is not like Micky ,TinTin is the
clown

the "Am happy it's a nice day " kind of dog.All is fun and game with the
Westie.

From what I read it seam that the Scottie character is by nature more
timid,and that is part of is charm.

Thanks Janet,I will follow your advise.

Felicia

"Janet B"
wrote in message
. .. On Mon, 24 Apr 2006
16:20:40 -0500, "Felicia"
,

www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com http://www.bestfriendsdogobedience.com

Old April 24th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Mon, 24 Apr 2006 16:20:40 -0500, "Felicia"
wrote:

Jack ,you brought me luck.

Before they called me Handsome, Felicia, they called me Lucky.

I called the police stattion just an hour ago, they said that it would not
go to court.

By golly, apparently you *can* cure stupid, at least in Canada! In
the future, that'll be good to know.

Actually the police chef said to the inspector ,Are F..... kidding,case
closed.

Aah. That's why he's the Chief and the other guy is an Inspector.

His name isn't Barney Fife by any chance?

I told you all there was.

But having a witness that help a lot.

Yep.

We might have to start calling you Lucky, too.

So my husband is not going to court.So glad .

Me too. That would have been a terrible outcome.

But I am angry ,and we are going to see a lawyer this week,I am going to
sue her.

Others told me she does that all the time.

There's an old saying about letting sleeping dogs lie...

Well she took the wrong one to do it to this time.My poor Scottie is still
shaking a times.

That'll pass. and probably pretty quickly, too. Just stay away from
the other dog. And the other woman. Anyway, that's what I'd do.

Her name isn't Cynthia McKinney by any chance, is it?

NOTE: "Good" experiences with other dogs should quickly outweigh one
"bad" one.

And my husband add tears in his eyes just looking at him.

My hat's off to him. He did his job and protected his dog.

Maybe you can let him drink a few extra pints tonight, EH?

I will never thank you enough for taking the time to answer my post,in such
a kind way.

Thanks, Felicia. People tell me that I'm not always that kind, but
nice people always bring out the best in me. And vice versa.

It did help me so much.

That's great.

A big hug to you,dear.I can say that I am an old lady. :-)

Well, please allow me to return the hug then, cuz I'm just an old man
myself.

Again, good luck to you!

Old April 27th 06, 01:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hi Handsome
Before they called me Handsome, Felicia, they called me Lucky."

Now go get a lotery ticket,right away LOL

His name isn't Barney Fife by any chance?

My husband told me who that was ,funny.

Her name isn't Cynthia McKinney by any chance, is it?

Don't know that one.
Is she an angry old lady trying to get even?

We saw our vet yesterday and he said he will be ok,and to give him some baby
aspirin if his neek hurt.I was surprise to learn that ,I never thought we
could give aspirin to a dog.

But he is already better.
I bought him a new toy today .At the pet shop I asked for some kind of spray
I could use to defend our self from those dogs,but there don't seam to be
nothing.
Pepper spray is not legal in Canada.
Someone have an idea what I could use.
I would not wish to hurt the dogs just scare them away.

wrote:
[...]

http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...=3711460e-bd5a
-475d-a6be-4db87559d605&rfp=dta

Old April 27th 06, 02:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Felicia felicia123 @yahoo.com wrote:
Pepper spray is not legal in Canada.

It sure is. You can buy bear deterrent at Mountain
Equipment Co-op or other outfitters.