Now Rocky MAD

Old April 26th 06, 05:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Now Rocky MAD

My agility group puts on a mini trial on the last Tuesday
evening of every month.
http://www.trainingtroop.rocky-dog.com/
Tonight it was Steeplechase, Masters Team Relay, and Masters
Standard.

Friday did great on the Steeplechase, popped a pole in the Team
Relay (his partner ran clean), and took a very fast Q in the
Standard.

Rocky had an off-course in Steeplechase, ran clean in Team Relay
(his partner had a refusal, though), and ran 17 seconds under
time for his last Masters Standard leg (I *really* babysat him
through the contacts and the timer told me that I added at least
10 seconds doing this - but Rocky's a fast dog, not Friday-fast,
but fast enough to make up lots of time).

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

Old April 26th 06, 05:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Rocky wrote:

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

Woohoooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Major congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:-)

-- Vicki
Old April 26th 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 26 Apr 2006 04:38:09 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

Way to go, Rock!

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Climate of Fear:
http://www.opinionjournal.com/extra/?id=110008220

Media Hot Air on Global Warming
http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...e.asp?ID=21762

Eco-Imperialism - Green Power. Black death:
http://www.eco-imperialism.com/main.php

Highly Over-Hyped: Greenland's and Antarctica's Impacts on Sea Level
http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO...9/N13/EDIT.jsp

Antarctic Ice: The Cold Truth
http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=030306H

Climate of Uncertainty:
http://www.aei.org/publications/filt...pub_detail.asp

More Hot Air on Global Warming:
http://www.aim.org/media_monitor/4417_0_2_0_C/

The Oregon Project:
http://www.oism.org/pproject/

World Climate Report:
http://www.worldclimatereport.com/

Canada: Sixty scientists call on Harper to revisit the science of global warming!
http://www.canada.com/nationalpost/f...59d605&rfp=dta

Old April 26th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
On 26 Apr 2006 04:38:09 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

Way to go, Rock!

Rock, you rock!

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"where the professors pimple meet, to speak of SOJA"

Old April 27th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In rec.pets.dogs.activities Rocky wrote:

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

That is so awsome. I was thinking, entirely without the notion of a pun,
that it was rocky going for a while. I'm thrilled for you.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence
Old April 27th 06, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

I'm grateful for being able to take him cross-country to the
Canadian agility nationals in 2002 and I'm happy to be having
fun with a dog who is having fun.

Hi ya' Matt. I often think about you and Rocky, since I "knew" you 5+
years ago, and I now have an agility friend who has a Dal with
epilepsy. They have lots of challenges, but having fun isn't one of
them. They also are doing what they love (even if it isn't always what
the judge thinks they should be doing ;-)

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you both, too. Congrats to Rocky on his MAD!!!

Shammie got her AXJ last week-end - not quite in the same category as a
MAD, but I'm proud of my old girl, too!

And not to hi-jack Rocky's thread, but do I understand correctly that
Friday is one of those ballistically fast agility dogs? I am struggling
with handling Gris-Gris - she's faster than blue blazes, and also
pretty durn responsive, but that's only if I can think and act fast
enough to tell her where she's going before she's already gotten there.
Shammie is average speed and so I have time to *think* while we run,
but runs with Gris-Gris are often such a blur that I need to watch the
tape to see what I *should* have done... Any advice on developing the
mental quickness it takes to handle dogs like these??

I've been thinking that it's as though I need something like an agility
video game to develop faster reaction time... kinda like the game where
you try to click the bouncing ball or the changing background color
(both of which I've lost, if anyone still has links to either.)

I've never had a use for gaming before, but I'm wondering if I might
want to make an exception during the dog days of summer this year.
Suggestions for games that demand quick reactions appreciated. And/or
any other tips or advice as well (or even just commiserations, as
Gris-Gris's by FAR the more talented dog, but her Q's are few and far
between, no fault of her own!!)

Susan Fraser, owned and trained by the AuH2Ok9s:
SheBop, Shammie, and Gris-Gris

Old April 27th 06, 05:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Just wonderful Matt - congratulations to both of you!

--
Janet Boss
Old April 27th 06, 06:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Susan Fraser" said in
rec.pets.dogs.activities:

Anyway, I'm thrilled for you both, too. Congrats to Rocky
on his MAD!!!

Thanks, Susan!

I posted my comments to your agility comments on rpd.activities

Old April 28th 06, 12:12 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Really great! You've really hung in there for Rocky.

FurPaw
--
"Violence is the last refuge of the incompetent."
Isaac Asimov, _Foundation_

To reply, unleash the dog
Old April 28th 06, 11:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.activities,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message

Anyway, 8 year old Rocky finally has his MAD.

Congrats, Matt. It must be an extra special monument to your agility career.
I know for a while it was looking, well, rocky, and that you must cherish
every run regardless if it ends up in a Q, a placement or a title.

Christy

A Rocky brag Rocky Dog behavior 68 April 13th 04 03:39 PM
A Rocky brag Rocky Dog behavior 0 April 12th 04 06:07 PM