Recently cut male tied with female

Old April 26th 06, 11:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Recently cut male tied with female

OK I have a 1 year old female border collie who went into her first
heat about 4 weeks ago. I adopted a male border collie who is 2 years
old and he was nuetered shortly before I got him...I have had him for 8
weeks. At the end of my females heat (right when she CAN get pregnant)
I walked into my back yard and to my total surprise found them tied!
She has been done with her heat for a week now and her nipples are
larger than they were when she was in heat and she is starting to get
glands under each of her nipples. Also, she is consumming larger much
larger amount of food. Is it possible for a 2 year old male who has
been neutered for 3 months to get my female pregnant? My fiances
friend who is a vet says it IS possible. But I have never heard of
this! Also, I have heard that it is bad for a female to get pregnant
on her first heat, is this true? Why?

Sarah

Old May 3rd 06, 09:36 PM
morgan4eva morgan4eva is offline
Member

im not so sure about the neutured bit but the pregnancy bit i know. its ok to get them pregnant but remember that normally when a female dog first comes into season (heat) they are still maturing. its alright but id take her for a scan and then id decide what to do. but yer its ok to have the females mated on their first season (heat) but i'd leave it,then it will be perfectly fine for the 2nd time.
SaShA**LoVe HeR NoT hAtE HeR.**