Hispanic Activist Says Carve Up USA

Old April 28th 06, 04:05 PM posted to alt.pets.dogs,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,talk.environment,alt.pets

Default Hispanic Activist Says Carve Up USA

"Graphic Queen" wrote in message
Hispanic Activist Says Carve Up USA
April 27, 2006 09:00 AM EST

By Sher Zieve - Organizers of the planned 1 May illegal aliens'
protest marches, dubbed the "Great American Boycott", are saying the
illegals 'work stoppage' will be a day where no lawns are mowed,
restaurant kitchens have no help and homes have no domestic workers.
High school, middle school and university students are also being
encouraged to walk out of their classes to join the illegals'
protests.

Mahonrry Hidalgo, chairman of the New Jersey Latino Leadership
Alliance Immigration Committee, said: "We must risk our jobs. One can
always get another job." An organizer with the Immigrant Rights
Coalition of Austin, Texas-Cristina Tzintzún-added: "Obviously there
are a lot of people deciding not to go to work or not to buy anything
that day. We want to support them in those personal decisions and the
risks they take."

Armando Navarro, a Southern California political scientist and
activist who is pushing the boycott, said: "We need to go beyond the
marches. One thing is marching and demonstrating, but when you're
talking about the essence of power, that is economic." Navarro has
also made the previous statements, in one of his speeches: "Ladies and
gentlemen, what this means is a transfer of power, it means control,
it means who's going to influence. And it is the young people, the
people who are now moving to develop an agenda for the twenty first
century. They are really going to be in a position to really make the
promise of what the Chicano movement was all about in terms of
self-determination, in terms of empowerment, and even in the terms of
the idea of an Aztlan! It is a graphic statement that the organizers
of this rally intend to carve up the United States of America!"

http://www.theconservativevoice.com/article/14185.html
--

"I Became Insane with Long Intervals of Horrible Sanity"

~~E.A. Poe

It will be interesting to read the comments from our national "leadership"
regarding the May 1st event. I predict them lining up to kiss latino
fannies.

Hank