Question

Old May 3rd 06, 11:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Question

My beautiful 5 year old Kelpie/New Zealand Huntaway X Triton is a GORGEOUS
boy. I love him to bits but feel disappointed that he isn't as playful with
other dogs as my previous dog was. He's great with people & children but
either ignores or, in cases where he's faced with a dog with a similar
nature to him, wants to attack. I accept that he'll never like certain dogs
& I try to keep him out of situations where he encounters dogs I know he
doesn't like, but I'm wondering if there is some way I can encourage him to
be more playful with the ones he does like.

Old May 3rd 06, 02:45 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Wanda" composed these thoughts and posted them
:

My beautiful 5 year old Kelpie/New Zealand Huntaway X Triton is a
GORGEOUS boy. I love him to bits but feel disappointed that he isn't
as playful with other dogs as my previous dog was. He's great with
people & children but either ignores or, in cases where he's faced
with a dog with a similar nature to him, wants to attack. I accept
that he'll never like certain dogs & I try to keep him out of
situations where he encounters dogs I know he doesn't like, but I'm
wondering if there is some way I can encourage him to be more playful
with the ones he does like.

I'm so sorry about the other dog aggression issues. I commend you for
taking other dog's safety and your liability into account until you get
this aggression under control.

I hope it gets fixed soon, and the muzzle can come off forever. At least
you have comfort that you are protecting others, as well as your dog until
then. good luck with that.

question askmars Dogs - general 0 June 26th 04 06:56 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
AskMars - Labrador Health question testn Dog behavior 0 May 17th 04 04:20 AM
Question for those who've bred dogs - or seen it happening FurPaw Dog behavior 0 November 9th 03 06:06 PM