baby wipes for dog

Old May 7th 06, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default baby wipes for dog

I read that baby wipes are suitable for cleaning a dog's ear's/eyes. Is this
true?

I have ear drops for my dog's ear infection but would also like to
suppliment this with wipes to keep her ear area clean.

Old May 7th 06, 03:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

On Sat, 06 May 2006 23:29:40 GMT, "AmyGG" wrote:

I read that baby wipes are suitable for cleaning a dog's ear's/eyes. Is this
true?

I have ear drops for my dog's ear infection but would also like to
suppliment this with wipes to keep her ear area clean.

I read [many, many times] that the WTC attack was an inside job. Is that true?

There are still some tall buildings in New York, tempting some muzzies.

I'm glad you care about doing the best for your dog--enough to seek opinions. Now, if the
medicine manufacturer knew that using baby wipes would improve the efficiency of their
product, don't you think they would include some baby wipes; or at least recommend them?
Cotton balls and [sometimes] Q-tips are recommended for ears. I'm not sure, but wetted
cotton balls would probably work for eyes, too.

Granted, the fluids used in baby wipes are very mild, but they are not recommended for
baby ears or eyes.

If you have reason to believe the ear drops are not working, please consult your vet.

@#$%&* A simple "No" would have sufficed! LOL

A dog's life is too short; their only fault really.
Old May 8th 06, 02:54 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

wrote:

I read that baby wipes are suitable for cleaning a dog's ear's/eyes. Is this
true?

I can't think why they wouldn't be fine for ears. There are a lot of
less expensive alternatives as well (e.g. the simple cotton ball), and
some products specifically for use in dogs.

I would not use any product around the eyes that wasn't specifically
made for the purpose. Baby wipes surely aren't.

While you are treating him for an ear problem, with those drops, talk
to your vet before cleaning the ears. Is it going to interfere with
the medicine staying where it's needed? What sort of cleaning is
recommended for dogs with his particular condition?

For the eyes, do you mean the discoloration "tear streaks" some dogs
get below the eyes? My dogs don't tend to have that problem, a simple
damp cotton ball (just water, nothing special) has been enough to keep
them cleaned up and that only occasionally. Wouldn't hurt to ask your
vet about that, also. If it's an ongoing issue, you might try
rec.pets.dogs.breeds or even rec.pets.dogs.activities; this kind of
discoloration is common in some breeds, and shows up really well on
white coats, so owners of those dogs often have considerable
experience of what does and doesn't work. The reason for suggesting
r.p.d.activities is that people who show dogs need to know how to keep
them looking good and "tear streak" stains don't look good at all! So
there may be some tried-and-true tips there as well.

If you really need to email me, mow the lawn.

What to get your dog as a present Debbie the Dogged Dog behavior 7 January 3rd 06 11:20 AM
Dog with new Baby Teux Dog behavior 6 December 28th 05 11:28 PM
[OT] - Baby updates Marcel Beaudoin Dog behavior 14 April 21st 05 05:32 PM
dog urinates on everything pooteo Dog behavior 1 February 18th 05 09:57 AM
Introducing your dog to your newborn. Hany Hosny Dog breeds 0 August 9th 03 01:22 AM