That's my girl!

Old May 11th 06, 07:45 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default That's my girl!

My ten year old daughter and a couple of her friends made bookmarks
from pictures of my daughters' dogs in funny poses and costumes and
sold them around the neighborhood. When she got home from her money
making venture, she told me that they had decided even before they
went out to try to sell the bookmarks that half the profits would go
to the local animal shelter. She wanted to know if I could drive her
over to the shelter to give them the money.

--
Paula
"Anyway, other people are weird, but sometimes they have candy,

Old May 11th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Paula wrote:
My ten year old daughter and a couple of her friends made bookmarks
from pictures of my daughters' dogs in funny poses and costumes and
sold them around the neighborhood. When she got home from her money
making venture, she told me that they had decided even before they
went out to try to sell the bookmarks that half the profits would go
to the local animal shelter. She wanted to know if I could drive her
over to the shelter to give them the money.

That more than makes up for her putting the dogs in costumes. :-,)

Nice.

Will in New Haven

Old May 11th 06, 07:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Paula said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

She wanted to know if I could drive her
over to the shelter to give them the money.

Good for her!

(OK, what did you *really* do with the money?)

Old May 11th 06, 09:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Paula wrote in
:

My ten year old daughter and a couple of her friends made bookmarks
from pictures of my daughters' dogs in funny poses and costumes and
sold them around the neighborhood. When she got home from her money
making venture, she told me that they had decided even before they
went out to try to sell the bookmarks that half the profits would go
to the local animal shelter. She wanted to know if I could drive her
over to the shelter to give them the money.

What a sweetie-pie! That's a nice story.

--
Catherine
& Zoe the cockerchow
Old May 12th 06, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

awww thats so sweet! what a nice kid

Old May 12th 06, 07:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

My ten year old daughter and a couple of her friends made bookmarks
from pictures of my daughters' dogs in funny poses and costumes and
sold them around the neighborhood. When she got home from her money
making venture, she told me that they had decided even before they
went out to try to sell the bookmarks that half the profits would go
to the local animal shelter. She wanted to know if I could drive her
over to the shelter to give them the money.

sounds like a great kid!

Old May 13th 06, 09:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

My goddaughter, for her 7th birthday (she's 16 now!) asked that her
guests bring gifts for the SPCA animals rather than for her. Of
course, she got an extra special gift from me for that! ;-D

I went to a Bar Mitzvah last weekend. As his project, my friend is
coming to puppy class to learn and help - why puppy training is so
important to keep dogs in their homes and safe. He also told me that
half his gift money is getting donated to the SPCA, and let's just say
it's a pretty substantial amount - I was floored.
--
Janet Boss