Strange looking dog in Afghanistan...

Old May 12th 06, 04:27 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Strange looking dog in Afghanistan...

....whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Give Iran Enough Rope...
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ough_rope.html

Stuff you probably won't read in the NYT about Iraq:
http://www.captainsquartersblog.com/...ves/006943.php

Stuff you probably didn't see on TV about El Uno De Mayo:
http://www.onthefencefilms.com/video/unodemayo/

spit
Old May 12th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
...whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

That second animal IS an AWD, as far as I can tell. The first animal is
probably a dog but what wierd-looking one.

Will in New Haven

Old May 12th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 12 May 2006 08:59:53 -0700, wrote:

[]
...whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

That second animal IS an AWD, as far as I can tell.

Yep.

The first animal is
probably a dog but what wierd-looking one.

Those ears look like the ears of the AWD.

Know any other "breed" of "dog" with those ears?

It was photographed in Afghanistan.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

The NYT, Andrew Sullivan, and Knox College: Still stuck on stupid...
http://author.nationalreview.com/latest/?q=MjE5NQ==
Old May 12th 06, 09:16 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Handsome Jack Morrison said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Guesses, anyone?

Nope - not for not looking, though. Thanks for the internet
treasure hunt.

Old May 12th 06, 10:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 12 May 2006 20:16:27 GMT, Rocky wrote:

Handsome Jack Morrison said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Guesses, anyone?

Nope - not for not looking, though. Thanks for the internet
treasure hunt.

Welcome to the club.

I brought Google to its knees, and still no luck.

Old May 12th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Handsome Jack Morrison said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I brought Google to its knees, and still no luck.

Liisa in .breeds would probably know, right off the top of her
head.

Old May 12th 06, 11:08 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message
...whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

I think his ears were trimmed. Just because he's wild and loose now,
doesn't mean he always was.

flick 100785

Old May 12th 06, 11:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

flick wrote:
"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message

...whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

I think his ears were trimmed. Just because he's wild and loose now,
doesn't mean he always was.

Exactly. I thing we're looking at at a pocket knife crop job.

Imagine this dog with large, prick GSD-style ears.

Kathleen

Old May 13th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Handsome Jack Morrison wrote:
...whose ears are *really* strange.

http://michaelyon-online.com/media/i...ad/lg/12lg.jpg

Perhaps from the African Wild Dog?

http://www.naturalia.org/zoo/AN_TERR...NI/licaone.jpg

Guesses, anyone?

I think that dog's ears have been cropped off. If you look at his left
ear especially, there's a sharp line where what I think is the crop
starts. If you get past the totally bizarre teeth, I bet this is
someone's domesticated dog with cropped ears, especially since he's at
least moderately well fed.
Old May 13th 06, 03:29 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Robin Nuttall said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

If you get past the totally bizarre teeth, I bet this is
someone's domesticated dog with cropped ears, especially
since he's at least moderately well fed.

Just to prove to myself that it wasn't a photoshopped picture, I
followed Jack's original link back to this page:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/wp/...road-ahead.htm