How to Keep Dogs Away from New Plantings

Old May 13th 06, 11:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default How to Keep Dogs Away from New Plantings

Hi, I l.ive in the city and my lawn and other plantings are peed on several
times daily by dogs.
A friend told me I need to buy a container of bear urine and wolf urine,
then spray it on my
lawn and plants. When the dogs smell the urine they'll leave the area real
quick. Is that true?
What can I use short of a fence to keep dogs off my lawn and away from my
plants?

Thanks,

Mike

Old May 14th 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Sat, 13 May 2006 22:14:43 GMT, "Mike" , clicked
their heels and said:

Hi, I l.ive in the city and my lawn and other plantings are peed on several
times daily by dogs.

What can I use short of a fence to keep dogs off my lawn and away from my
plants?

Citronella granules, in air-open but secure containes, can often work,
There are commercial products but they have to be reapplied after
every rain generally. Flags that say you have pesticides can be a
deterrent to the stupid owners, and get this - SPEAK TO THE OWNERS.
Sometimes it works, but many times, they just don't care. A well
placed sprinkler may work wonders.

--
Janet Boss

Old May 14th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Mike" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I'll pick up a couple.

I'll pick up a couple, thank you.