Springer VS WalkyDog Bike Attachment

Old May 16th 06, 01:18 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default Springer VS WalkyDog Bike Attachment

I am looking into buying one of these to take Maui biking (Cali's getting a
basket). Anyone have either of these? Is one better than the other?
Anyone have one and love it or hate it? Thanks for any input.

Old May 16th 06, 05:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"MauiJNP" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I am looking into buying one of these to take Maui biking
(Cali's getting a basket). Anyone have either of these?
Is one better than the other? Anyone have one and love it
or hate it? Thanks for any input.

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my city
it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and Springers are
counted as leashes.

Old May 16th 06, 09:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my city
it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and Springers are
counted as leashes.

Just out of curiosity, why is it illegal?

-Jenn

Old May 16th 06, 03:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 16 May 2006 04:21:49 GMT, Rocky wrote:

"MauiJNP" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

I am looking into buying one of these to take Maui biking
(Cali's getting a basket). Anyone have either of these?
Is one better than the other? Anyone have one and love it
or hate it? Thanks for any input.

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my city
it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and Springers are
counted as leashes.

Even if it's legal, I'm not sure I'd do that with a miniature or toy
Poodle.

Mustang Sally

Old May 16th 06, 05:33 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"peejoe" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my city
it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and Springers are
counted as leashes.

Just out of curiosity, why is it illegal?

As an attempt to prevent the truly stupid from over-running (and
running over, I suppose) their dogs.

It's a useless law because it's next to impossible to make
stupidity illegal. Meanwhile, responsible dog handlers lose
out.

Old May 16th 06, 05:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

sighthounds & siberians said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my
city it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and
Springers are counted as leashes.

Even if it's legal, I'm not sure I'd do that with a
miniature or toy Poodle.

Definitely a concern. I once saw a youth, on a very hot day,
pretty well towing a young Beagle behind his bicycle. After our
talk, I saw him walking his bicycle and his dog, but I've no
doubt that situation changed when I was out of sight.

Anyway, I don't know MauiJNP's full situation, so didn't address
that part of it. For all I know, she's 6 years old and will be
attaching the Springer to a tricycle. Or, maybe, she's a
responsible person and will be bicycling with care.

Old May 16th 06, 08:47 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

MauiJNP wrote:

I am looking into buying one of these to take Maui biking
(Cali's getting a basket). Anyone have either of these?
Is one better than the other? Anyone have one and love it
or hate it? Thanks for any input.

Before you use one, check out your local bylaws. In my city
it's illegal to leash your dog to a bicycle and Springers are
counted as leashes.

Even if it's legal, I'm not sure I'd do that with a miniature or toy
Poodle.

why not?

Because I can't imagine that a miniature or toy Poodle could keep up
with an adult human on a bicycle, at least not for very long.

Mustang Sally

Old May 17th 06, 01:30 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

why not?

Because I can't imagine that a miniature or toy Poodle could keep up
with an adult human on a bicycle, at least not for very long.

I will start off slow and not go very much at first. they should gradually
be able to keep up. Plus, I plan to have them alternate so they get a break
(one will be in the basket and one on the side running). I don't plan on
biking miles on end or winning any races, just keep a steady pace. And I
won't push them to go faster or more when they are tired.

Old May 17th 06, 08:14 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Rocky" wrote in message

Just out of curiosity, why is it illegal?

As an attempt to prevent the truly stupid from over-running (and
running over, I suppose) their dogs.

It's a useless law because it's next to impossible to make
stupidity illegal. Meanwhile, responsible dog handlers lose
out.

Thanks for explaining. I thought maybe I had missed something dangerous
about the design or something like that. It's a shame about stupid
people...

-Jenn

dog bike trailer barbie que Dog health 4 August 16th 05 05:37 PM
springer pups just arrived help!! Shannie Dog breeds 35 November 3rd 03 10:09 PM
first bike ride bentcajungirl Dog behavior 2 August 6th 03 04:29 AM