want references on rescue group

Old May 25th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Default want references on rescue group

Dear Subscribers,

I recently lost my two older dogs and I would like to give of what I
consider to be a great loving home to 2 new pups. I went on an
adoption link that linked me to Petfnder.com I found a chocolate lab
pup and its companion buddy on there and the outfit's name is
getorphans.com
The gal who emailed me is Betty. My friend who used to work for an
animal shelter told me to check their references to make sure that it
isn't a puppy mill (no insult intended by the inquiry). The address is
out of Little Rock, Arkansas. I called the Animal Control dept. but
they never heard of them. Has anyone heard of this organization. All
that I found on the net is more adoptin postings for this outfit. I
would like to know more before I apply to them. Your responses are
appreciated. You can email me at my home email at:

Thanks

Regards,
Alicia T.

Old May 26th 06, 02:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Alicia,

I've never heard of them if you don't get any answers why not try one of
your local shelters and look for an older dog. The nice thing with and
older dog is they are 90% of the time housebroken and if not it doen't
usually take all that long for them to get the hang of it. You also don't
have to go through the chewing phase. Plus they are so loving and grateful
to have a decent home.

I took in a stray who obviously had been beaten at one point and within 5
months he's become a very wonderful lovable dog. The housebreaking wasn't a
big deal, he listens like a charm and I've never seen a dog so grateful for
a warm bed in my life.

Celeste

ups.com...

Old May 27th 06, 03:56 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Hi Celeste,
Did you get my post? I don't know if it got lost in between that other
guys long post.

Alicia T.

Old May 27th 06, 03:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Dear MC,

Good job for your 1st time in answering in English. My close friends
go to the Tuscany reigion twice a year. I had to pass up the recent
trip this past fall due to my dog's illnesses. I'm sure if I went with
them, I would have probaly brought one back. That's how I ended up with
my beautiful Mariposa - I lost a dog back in 1994 (he was a rescue
dog), and I went on a trip to Costa Rica to give myself a break. I left
his camponion at home with a friend and I was concerned about my Taco
being without her compnaion friend (I brought back Taco from Mexico in
1993). During my trip, I found an abandoned 8 week old black lab at a
butterfly farm north of San Jose and the workers on the farm encourged
me to take her with me. After 7 days of touring around CR, like
yourself, I went back to the butterfly farm and when I walked down the
path, she came running out from camping undering a rubber plant and she
was real happy to see me again. I got permission from the govt. office
in CR to take her back. My Mariposa was with me from that time on until
May 4th, 2006. In June of 1995, I ended up with my 3rd dog in the
household He was a 1 1/2 yrs old boxer who was on his way to being
brought to a shelter. I named him Puegie - I lost him to boxer
cardiomyopahty on Nov. 2nd, 2005. Between the two dogs, I spent about
$18,000 in vet bills - they were worth it for both dogs gave me so much
comfort and joy over the years. My Taco left me peacefully on June 6th,
2005 from old age, she was 15 yrs. old. Thru Mariposa's illness, I meet
the staff at UPENN Ryan Vet Hospital in Phiadelphia and I got to see
the whole operation there for I was there for 1 week with Mariposa -
what an superior facility and for those of you who need the cutting
edge of vet medicine for your pet - this is the place to go if you can
get there. I drove 6 hrs each way but the drive was a piece of cake.
That trip and story is for another topic.

Glad you have a wonderful dog. I know that there are older dogs that
need a home but I just got through giving nursing care to 3 senior dogs
and I really can 't go through that again. I have checked out the
references on the rescue outfit that I'm getting the 2 lab pups from
and all of the recipients are happy and have verified the creditability
of its operations. The gal who coordinates the adoptions is personally
coming with the transport so I feel alot better about it. Today I'm
working on getting a good chain link fence contractor to set up a nice
large pen in my backyard that will connect to my back deck. My former
dogs were big couch potatoes and even though they had full free access
to the huge outside deck, they preferred to hang inside on the couch.
With the new guys, I want to get them used to enjoying the fresh air
when I'm unable to bring them down the lane to the beach.

Stay in touch - I plan to visit go with my friends to a villa in
Tuscany next fall. The other trip that I had to pass up this past
spring only cost $500 US to stay on a 200 acre estate for a week! Take
care.

Regards,
Alicia

Old May 28th 06, 12:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

schrieb:

Dear MC,

Good job for your 1st time in answering in English.

good evening alicia (don't know us-time about...now?)
thank you very much for your wonderful compliment - normally i answer to
a german ng and of course (big love) to an italian group.

[...]

i followed your very interesting story and therefore now i'm really
ashamed about my little experience that i told you in my first
posting. when i was a kid i grew up with boxer-dogs in the house and
large garden of my grandma. later on we always had cats at home (today
i've 9 cats who live with me and the 2 dogs). my very first dog Hektor
came to me in 1987, sept 23 (northern dog black/creme very light blue
eyes) he was at my side wherever possible very 'strong'
character/identity/personality but for me till now the real dream-dog.
for the last ~3 yrs he had heart problems but thanks to vet-support and
his other very good status he survived. i lost him on 22 of march, 2002.
Hektor helped me so much educating Cirillino (took Ciri from Rome on 15
aug, 2000) you will understand that i am missing Hecki every single day
but i think he had a beautiful life for 15years and 4 months.
nevertheless the 2 that are now with me are very very good dogs
beautiful too and i'm glad about having met them.
so i send you the very best wishes for beginning your 'new life' with
two little puppies: and first of all a long and healthy life together!
mail add:

kind rgds mc
Old May 28th 06, 03:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

Hi MC,

No reason to be ashamed - I operate on a very little ego basis. I'm
glad that there are others out there who have the compassion to take in
an abandoned animal. You can send me a picture of your kids to my
personal email - My friend who go to Tuscany
also went to Austria. They went to Salsburg - I don't now if I got the
correct spelling. They told me that Austria was beautiful. They went
there in February - too cold for me!! Being in Boston, MA and dealing
with the cold and snow here makes me want to go anywhere that has a
beach or warm weather. Have to go -it's Memorial Day weekend here and I
traditionally do all of my flower planting over the long weekend. Enjoy
the ret of your weekend!

Regards,
Alicia T.

Old May 28th 06, 06:48 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

schrieb:
Hi MC,

No reason to be ashamed - I operate on a very little ego basis. I'm
glad that there are others out there who have the compassion to take in
an abandoned animal. You can send me a picture * of your kids to my
personal email -

hello alicia - thanks very much.
i will do that next week because i must ask my dear son 'how to do'
(never have sent any foto via e-mail... sorry).

My friend who go to Tuscany
also went to Austria. They went to Salsburg - I don't now if I got the
correct spelling. They told me that Austria was beautiful.

thank you + yr friends :-) btw my grandma & father were 'original
Salzburger people' and i lived in salzburg for many years.

They went
there in February - too cold for me!! Being in Boston, MA and dealing
with the cold and snow *

learned to love 'bad weather' in the meantime:
1. salzburg = zone of 'Schnürlregen' directly - translated joke
raining on a little string-never-ending or 'Wetterloch' bad weather
hole. very hard winters too and snow+ice pure
2. vienna mostly windy (nice refreshing in jun/jul/aug) mild winters
3. the dogs go crazy for the snow!!! snow is a miracle for both
children&dogs. perhaps you will appreciate it (again) together with your
puppies seeing them having innocent fun in a white-endless-area of snow.
hope i didn't annoy (bother?) you... ;-)

here makes me want to go anywhere that has a
beach or warm weather. Have to go -it's Memorial Day weekend here and I
traditionally do all of my flower planting over the long weekend. Enjoy
the ret of your weekend!

hope you had a successfull day and flowers will grow well (i love
flowers but think they viceversa don't love 'me' - only plants that
survive is philodendron & similar)

nice day and evening to you mc