K9 Advantix 11-22 pounds

Old May 25th 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default K9 Advantix 11-22 pounds

I tried this with Maui, my 14 pound poodle and he had a bad reaction to
it so I have 3 of the 4 vials left. I can't return them to the vet so I was
hoping someone might want to buy them from me. If anyone uses this brand
and size and is interested in getting a good deal on some, please email me
or post here. They are brand new, not expired and purchased within the
month. They are still in the original but opened box. Thanks.

Old May 25th 06, 07:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I tried this with Maui, my 14 pound poodle and he had a bad reaction to
it so I have 3 of the 4 vials left. I can't return them to the vet so I
was hoping someone might want to buy them from me. If anyone uses this
brand and size and is interested in getting a good deal on some, please
email me or post here. They are brand new, not expired and purchased
within the month. They are still in the original but opened box. Thanks.

First things first. Call Bayer. The phone number should be on the package.
If you bought the product through the vet, Bayer may reimburse you. The
reaction may be from the product being dosed in one spot versus several. But
in any event, call the manufacturer.

-Sharon

Old May 25th 06, 08:25 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Sharon" wrote in message
I tried this with Maui, my 14 pound poodle and he had a bad reaction
to it so I have 3 of the 4 vials left. I can't return them to the vet so
I was hoping someone might want to buy them from me. If anyone uses this
brand and size and is interested in getting a good deal on some, please
email me or post here. They are brand new, not expired and purchased
within the month. They are still in the original but opened box.
Thanks.

First things first. Call Bayer. The phone number should be on the package.
If you bought the product through the vet, Bayer may reimburse you. The
reaction may be from the product being dosed in one spot versus several.

it said to put it in one spot, like the Frontline Plus I usually use.
SHould I have done 2 spots?

But in any event, call the manufacturer.

will do, thanks for the advice.

Old May 25th 06, 09:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

it said to put it in one spot, like the Frontline Plus I usually use.
SHould I have done 2 spots?

Packaging we have states the following (from their web site):

Easy Application Once a Month
K9 Advantix® is a topical solution that's easy to apply to dogs.

Step 1
Starting at your dog's shoulder blades, part the hair.

Step 2
Apply product evenly and directly to the skin in three or four spots along
the dog's back by squeezing out the tube's contents.
~~~~~~~~~~

Applying in several spots speeds up absorption. Ask the Bayer folks for
details. This may not be the issue, but they should know about your
experience and offer reimbursement.

Old May 26th 06, 02:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Sharon" wrote in message
it said to put it in one spot, like the Frontline Plus I usually use.
SHould I have done 2 spots?

Packaging we have states the following (from their web site):

Easy Application Once a Month
K9 Advantix® is a topical solution that's easy to apply to dogs.

Step 1
Starting at your dog's shoulder blades, part the hair.

Step 2
Apply product evenly and directly to the skin in three or four spots along
the dog's back by squeezing out the tube's contents.
~~~~~~~~~~

Applying in several spots speeds up absorption. Ask the Bayer folks for
details. This may not be the issue, but they should know about your
experience and offer reimbursement.

When I read the directions (twice) I thought it said apply in one spot using
2 squirts. Of course, I threw it away so I don't know for sure. Maybe I
read the one for Cali (under 11 pounds) and its different than Maui's. That
doesn't sound right either though because I thought I read both. I am not
sure what happened but I need to call them to see what they think.

Old May 26th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"MauiJNP" said in rec.pets.dogs.health:

When I read the directions (twice) I thought it said apply
in one spot using 2 squirts. Of course, I threw it away so
I don't know for sure. Maybe I read the one for Cali
(under 11 pounds) and its different than Maui's. That
doesn't sound right either though because I thought I read
both. I am not sure what happened but I need to call them
to see what they think.

For a similar drug application (I think it was Advantage), the
directions said to apply between the shoulder blades for smaller
dogs and to dot it down the spine for larger. While I don't
have smaller dogs, dotting it would seem better for all sizes,
though I doubt you screwed up the application by daubing it on
one place with Maui.

As Sharon said, contact the manufacturer. I've done it plenty
of times with good response. Phone is better than email.

Old May 27th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Sharon" wrote in message
it said to put it in one spot, like the Frontline Plus I usually use.
SHould I have done 2 spots?

Packaging we have states the following (from their web site):

Easy Application Once a Month
K9 Advantix® is a topical solution that's easy to apply to dogs.

Step 1
Starting at your dog's shoulder blades, part the hair.

Step 2
Apply product evenly and directly to the skin in three or four spots along
the dog's back by squeezing out the tube's contents.
~~~~~~~~~~

Applying in several spots speeds up absorption. Ask the Bayer folks for
details. This may not be the issue, but they should know about your
experience and offer reimbursement.

according to the directions I found for the product in question (which
apparently didn't get thrown away):

the dog should be standing for easy application. part the hair on the dog's
back, between the shoulder blades, until skin is visiable. place the tip of
the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube twice to expel the entire contents
directly on the skin.

Old May 28th 06, 12:06 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

the dog should be standing for easy application. part the hair on the
dog's back, between the shoulder blades, until skin is visiable. place
the tip of the tube on the skin and squeeze the tube twice to expel the
entire contents directly on the skin.

Sounds like old packaging. You got this from the vet?