Anyone familiar with Chondro Flex?

Old May 26th 06, 05:51 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default Anyone familiar with Chondro Flex?

It's another glucosomine/Chondrotin and MSM combination...I've tried many
things for a limpy Mastiff...Vet says arthritis and a previous injury causes
limping...My wife has been touted on yet another product...Just wanted any
input...thanks...GG

Old May 26th 06, 12:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Gary G" wrote in message
It's another glucosomine/Chondrotin and MSM combination...I've tried many
things for a limpy Mastiff...Vet says arthritis and a previous injury

causes
limping...My wife has been touted on yet another product...Just wanted any
input...thanks...GG

.........I'm not familiar with the product, but give glucosamine and MSM
separately. Do you also give salmon oil at the rate of 1000 mg per 10 lbs
body weight? If I don't use all of them it's noticeable.

buglady
take out the dog before replying

Old May 26th 06, 12:57 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Latosha Washington wrote:
Try Adequine, it's the best.

There is no "best." Differnt configurations seem to work better for
individual dogs than others. And adequan, since it's injectible, is far
more expensive.

I myself use glycoflex 3, but have recently started supplementing it
with DGP (www.doggonepain.com). Whole Dog Journal has a really good
article on DGP. And it's made an immediate and huge difference in Viva.
She's far less painful, much brighter, more limber, and much more like
her old self on this supplement.
Old May 26th 06, 03:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"buglady" wrote in message:

Do you also give salmon oil at the rate of 1000 mg per 10 lbs
body weight?

Is this right? 1000 mg per 10 lbs of body weight sounds like a lot. Pan
would need to eat about 11 fish oil capsules a day.

Suja

Old May 27th 06, 12:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

"Suja" wrote in message

"buglady" wrote in message:

Do you also give salmon oil at the rate of 1000 mg per 10 lbs
body weight?

Is this right? 1000 mg per 10 lbs of body weight sounds like a lot. Pan
would need to eat about 11 fish oil capsules a day.

........sorry should, have clarified - that's the upper limit. If you've
been giving fish oils and it hasn't helped, I'd up the dose. Should be
given with Vit E. Pan must be a big dog!