need help with vet bill

Old May 30th 06, 04:03 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Default need help with vet bill

Hi,I adopted two Springer Spaniel puppies from an individual Sunday and
before I went to pick them up, they had given them some medicine for
worms. Well only a couple of hours after I got them home they both became
very ill. One of them was having seizures and they both had lost all
muscle control. I called the vet and he told me to meet him at his office.
By the time I got there one of the pups was unconscious with a temperature
of 104. What had happened is the med the person gave them for worms was
ivermectrin and he had overdosed them. The one pup had to be euthanized
because he was just too far gone. But the other has been at the vets,
getting intensive care, trying to save him. But though I am an animal
lover I am not a wealthy person. I believe in preventive care and medical
help for the animals. I have already had to pay the vet that was on call
Sunday $330 for his services and now I am going to be owing my regular vet
for his services. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get help with
paying this vet bill for this pup, it would be greatly appreciated. And
anyone who would like information regarding the vet information I will
gladly share.
Thank everyone for thier time to read this and may God bless you in every
way. Thank you. Jusme.

Old May 30th 06, 04:09 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I have already had to pay the vet that was on call
Sunday $330 for his services and now I am going to be owing my regular vet
for his services. If anyone has any suggestions on how I can get help with
paying this vet bill for this pup, it would be greatly appreciated.

Be very open with your veterinarian regarding your lack of funds. Ask if you
can make arrangements to pay a set amount monthly until the bill is settled.
Ask for input from him/her as to how you can get help.

-Sharon

Old May 31st 06, 12:20 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

I would also go back to the person you got the pups from and ask them to
help pay. I don't know if you paid for them or if they were free but either
way they are responsible in part because they gave the dogs the stuff.

Celeste
lkaboutpets.com...

Old May 31st 06, 02:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

Just wanted to give an update on "Casey"
He was able to come home today, the vet said he is still not completely
out of the woods yet. He said that he needs to remain as still as possible
and plenty of quiet rest. My bedroom has became his room away from all the
noise and movement that goes on around my house. I want to thank you for
your replies. The vet is going to let me make payments, though that makes
it easier it is still hard on me. But Casey is showing improvement and
that is all that really matters right now. Thank you again and may God
bless

Old May 31st 06, 03:35 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health

He was able to come home today, the vet said he is still not completely
out of the woods yet. He said that he needs to remain as still as possible
and plenty of quiet rest. My bedroom has became his room away from all the
noise and movement that goes on around my house. I want to thank you for
your replies. The vet is going to let me make payments, though that makes
it easier it is still hard on me. But Casey is showing improvement and
that is all that really matters right now. Thank you again and may God
bless

So glad to hear that he has made an improvement. Continued luck to you both.

-Sharon