lost/found Golden in OH

Old June 5th 06, 11:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,rec.pets.dogs.rescue,rec.pets.dogs.breeds,rec.pets.dogs.health

Default lost/found Golden in OH

Cross posting

Please CROSSPOST to other dog lists. If anyone who is a member of
Queen

City DTC's email list or other local dog clubs that do not appear
above,

I'd appreciate you passing this along also.

Location Found: Cincinnati, Ohio area. Specifically, Sharonville/West
Chester Border near Fields-Ertel Road.

This evening, my neighbors found a Golden Retriever female stuck in a
creek that runs between their back yard (in Bennington Place) and the
Indian Creek subdivision. This is right off and to the North of the
part of Fields Ertel Road that runs betweein U. S. Route 42 and Reed
Hartman Highway (where Reed Hartman terminates to the North into
Indian
Springs subdivision). This is also near the Copperfield subdivision,
which is South of Fields Ertel.

The dog probably was ambulatory prior to its becoming lost and having
an

accident that rendered it lame, so although it may have wandered far
away from its original neighborhood, we hope that the owner is close
by.

Description of dog: Dark/reddish Golden Retriever female with hair
shaved from front legs like it had recently been treated and had
intravenous injections. Dog was wearing a dark blue quick-release
(i.e.

not a buckle) collar with no tags -- dog has no microchip. The dog
appears to the CARE center to be about 8 years old, but could be any
adult age. Its face is partially white.

Events leading up to resuce of the dog: The dog had had an accident
during its wandering and may have been hit by a car on its right side.
Or could have fallen down into the creek and could not get out. It
was
very weak and shivering and almost in shock. Dog followed my next
door
neighbor part way up their back yard from the creek but was too weak
in
the back end to continue and appeared to be in pain. He carried the
dog

the rest of the way to his house.

The dog was injured and had hypothermia and from neighbors'
descriptions

has been lost in the creek for at least 2 days. Next door neigbors
heard the dog crying out and went out to investigate but could not
find
the dog a couple of days ago. Our neighbors immediately to the right
then found the dog this afternoon.

We took the dog to the CARE center for evaluation and treatment. The
dog may have cancer, but may not since tests and x-rays have not yet
been done -- it has a distended stomach region. The dog's lameness
appears to be from the accident that it suffered rather than due to
age. The pads of its paws on the right side were skinned up and its
right back leg seems injured.

If ANYONE knows of an owner who is missing their Golden Retriever,
please contact me at 513-777-3831. My cell is 513-235-9399.

Thank you.

Anita Eisthen

--
Janet Boss