Respond to reporter re "doodles" and "puggles"

Old June 21st 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Default Respond to reporter re "doodles" and "puggles"

The following "reporter request" appeared in the online Portland Press
Herald today. I responded, begging her NOT to glorify these unethical
people, and giving a brief description of what an ethical breeder does, but
others might wish to do so also. Especially if you have a link to a website
that sums up the case against the practice. At least we can hope that she
will present both sides if she goes ahead with the article.
"Do you just love your labradoodle? Or maybe you prefer puggles. If you have
one of the new hybrid "designer dogs," reporter Meredith Goad would like to
talk with you about your pet and the pros and cons of the breed. Contact her
via e-mail or call her at 791-6332. Please be sure to leave a daytime phone
number where you can be reached. "

Old June 21st 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet Puistonen" composed these thoughts and
posted them news:1Icmg.5402$x6.1773@trndny05:

The following "reporter request" appeared in the online Portland Press
Herald today. I responded, begging her NOT to glorify these unethical
people, and giving a brief description of what an ethical breeder
does, but others might wish to do so also. Especially if you have a
link to a website that sums up the case against the practice. At least
we can hope that she will present both sides if she goes ahead with
the article. "Do you just love your labradoodle? Or maybe you prefer
puggles. If you have one of the new hybrid "designer dogs," reporter
Meredith Goad would like to talk with you about your pet and the pros
and cons of the breed. Contact her via e-mail or call her at 791-6332.
Please be sure to leave a daytime phone number where you can be
reached. "

need an email please
Old June 21st 06, 04:03 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

diddy wrote:
[...]

She promptly responded to me with this, so it's probably useless anyway:

Take a deep breath. The story is finished, and I did quote an expert from
the Humane Society liberally, and included lots of cautionary information on
buy a hybrid.

Old June 21st 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet Puistonen" composed these thoughts and
posted them news:5ddmg.9361$k27.1649@trndny06:

diddy wrote:
[...]

I can't imagine a humane society agent supporting the proliferation of
mixed breed dogs, so I am assuming, she took liberal license it altering
comments from her source. Wow, she obviously needs a lesson in listening.
She should write opinion columns instead of being a reporters. Reporters
are supposed to have listening skills.

Old June 21st 06, 04:39 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet Puistonen" wrote:
She promptly responded to me with this, so it's probably useless
anyway:

Take a deep breath. The story is finished, and I did quote an expert
from the Humane Society liberally, and included lots of cautionary
information on buy a hybrid.

They aren't "hybrids", and that right there tells me she doesn't know
enough about the subject to report on it.

Old June 21st 06, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet Puistonen" wrote in message

need an email please

She promptly responded to me with this, so it's probably useless anyway:

Take a deep breath. The story is finished, and I did quote an expert from
the Humane Society liberally, and included lots of cautionary information
on buy a hybrid.

Would still like to have the email- because one cannot harp too much or too
often about these things.
After you post the addy she'll *never* do a story glorifying intentional
breedmixing again!

--
Toni
http://www.cearbhaill.com/rules.htm

Old June 21st 06, 06:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Toni" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Would still like to have the email- because one cannot harp
too much or too often about these things.

It looks like you have to use a contact form:
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/re...contactus.html

(Down near the bottom under "Features".)

Old June 21st 06, 10:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Rocky wrote:
"Toni" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Would still like to have the email- because one cannot harp
too much or too often about these things.

It looks like you have to use a contact form:
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/re...contactus.html

(Down near the bottom under "Features".)

It's

You can find the reporter inquiry at
www.pressherald.com

Old June 21st 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds

"Janet Puistonen" composed these thoughts and posted
them news:zdjmg.4451$V55.3842@trndny01:

Subject: Respond to reporter re "doodles" and "puggles"
From: "Janet Puistonen"
Newsgroups: rec.pets.dogs.breeds

Rocky wrote:
"Toni" said in rec.pets.dogs.breeds:

Would still like to have the email- because one cannot harp
too much or too often about these things.

It looks like you have to use a contact form:
http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/re...contactus.html

(Down near the bottom under "Features".)

It's

You can find the reporter inquiry at
www.pressherald.com

Thanks I wrote her a letter
Old July 17th 06, 12:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.breeds
Just Mel

so did i
. ..