? Giving Dog Water while In Car: Best Method

Old June 23rd 06, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Default ? Giving Dog Water while In Car: Best Method

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.
--
(||) Nehmo (||)
http://freesusan.com/

Old June 23rd 06, 01:41 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.

Ours used a baby bottle. Low mess, and he pretty much figured it out in
short order.

B~

Old June 23rd 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.

Like a folding travel bowl, perhaps?
http://www.petco.com/Shop/petco_Prod...lyID_8774.aspx
but I suspect the success rate will be about the same as what you
already have.

Old June 23rd 06, 01:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Nehmo wrote:
What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.

I don't give my dogs water in my vehicle. I don't feel it's necessary.
I stop every three hours or so so that dogs and humans can stretch
their legs and take a bathroom break, and I offer water then, in a bowl
outside the van.

Kathleen

Old June 23rd 06, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 22 Jun 2006 17:44:45 -0700, "
wrote:

Like a folding travel bowl, perhaps?

Or better still, water it when stopped because you have to stop too
sometime.
-----------------
The SnoMan
www.thesnoman.com
Old June 23rd 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 22 Jun 2006 17:38:12 -0700, "Nehmo" wrote:

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.

I used a "spill-proof" bowl similar to these:

http://www.shop.com/op/~Water_Hole_Dog_Dish-prod-11580717-17598720?sourceid=298
http://www.kvvet.com/KVVet/productr.asp?pf_id=83591&RefCode=Froogle&URLCheck= 1
http://www.perfectforpets.com/p-122-Road-Refresher.aspx

with moderate success when I was regularly taking my dog with me in
the truck, some years back (I don't have a dog right now).

jc

~ Eileen Morgan of The Mare's Nest, PA

Old June 23rd 06, 04:33 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

"Nehmo" wrote in message
oups.com...

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.
--

a short/small dish that fits in a cup holder is what I use. I put less than
an inch of water in it so they can't really spill it but never go thirsty

Old June 23rd 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.health,alt.trucks.ford,rec.autos.tech,rec.pets.dogs.behavior

Hello Nehmo, I have found the best way to give my dog water is to teach
it to drink out of a water bottle. They are easy to keep and they never
spill and you can share your own water bottle if you choose. If your
dog shys away from the bottle then fill it the first time with a beef
broth that is really yummy. Allow your dog to smell the bottle and
don't squirt it in his mouth. Just let him lick around it until he
decides he wants more. Then gently squeeze some out and before you know
it he will be begging for more. After that, just fill it with water and
if he is thirsty he will drink from it. your dog will know when he is
thirsty so don't force him just because you think he needs to drink.
Hope this helps you, Sully

Old June 23rd 06, 12:13 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 22 Jun 2006 17:38:12 -0700, "Nehmo" , clicked
their heels and said:

What's the best way to provide water to a dog in a vehicle? I use a
plastic Folgers coffee container on the floor of a pickup truck. It
works, but occasionally it gets knocked over. There must be a better
way.

I use clip-on buckets in their crates.

--
Janet Boss