Barking Dogs

Old June 26th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Default Barking Dogs

Hello,

Unfortunately------I am new to this group BECAUSE my neighbors have
seven dogs that bark excessively. They keep these poor things in cages
24/7 in the rain, thunder, whatever.

Calling Animal Control does not help. I have discovered that the
problem with barking dogs is because the local govt's codes or
ordinances will not or cannot be enforced. I have started attending
neighborhood meetings and I am in contact with my City Council
representative, as well as my County Commissioner. I have also advised
my state rep of this widespread problem.
I am contemplating about seeking an injunction. I don't know what else
to do.

For those of you who are being made to listen to barking dogs, I would
like to share a website that I recently discovered. It has a wealth of
information about barking dogs.

Check out

Barkingdogs.net

Hang in there folks!

Old June 27th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
showdogbark

wrote:
[...]

Hi there,
My friend Lynn who was the biggest dog lover I have ever known did
things for dogs I would not do. Like she believed No one Owned a dog if
you did things to lose the right to live with an animal companion.
So she had a whole network of people Province wide she worked with that
crossed man's laws but in her mind promoted God's laws. She died in a
fire set by her husband. I will always remember what she did for
dogs,people and for the HIGHER POWER.
She would watch the behavior of the people and study the habits and
when it was dark and no one was around she would confiscate the dogs
and have homes ready to place them in. She rescued over a hundred dogs
during her 56 year old life. Not once did any one find out who took the
dogs away. Now this is a tactic that breaks the law, if one sees it
that way. She did not. I admire her courage and the dogs she personally
spent thousands on placing them in homes far away from the abuse was
extraordinary, since the only money she made of her own (her husband
worked) was she took in dogs even though she had severe Lupus and
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome.
She came from Wales and was there before electricity and running water.
Poor miners, farmers and lots of Border Collies. She and her mum took
in the hungry dogs in tough times when the farmers could not afford to
feed themselves or the dogs.
She had many dogs in her life not once did she use any violent methods
of training them. When she was up she would leave her door open if she
was not watching any dogs at the time and would feed the strays and
cuddle the most dirty dogs that were at large. They always got fed by
her meager money made in her large yard and and big heart with her
loving ways with the dogs.
I went to the police and told them the confession her husband made to
me about how he rigged the fire, and all the details they could pursue
he told me about. They told it was decided already, she died in a fire
of electrical origin, case closed. NOW perhaps you can see how the laws
of man even in her death did not apply. She lived according to her own
moral compass and one of them was to get dogs out of dog hell under the
guise of OWNERSHIP. She died with her lovely dog Tylo in the house and
was buried (the ashes) in Wales with Tylo. May she rest in peace for
all the love she gave for someone who was so ill physically and morally
so healthy. No unhappy barking dogs please. They bark because they are
being mistreated and neglected.
Show Dog Bark

Old June 27th 06, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

"showdogbark" wrote in
oups.com:

She would watch the behavior of the people and study the habits and
when it was dark and no one was around she would confiscate the dogs
and have homes ready to place them in. She rescued over a hundred dogs
during her 56 year old life

What your friend did is not rescueing dogs. Your friend was a thief, plain
and simple.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old June 27th 06, 03:28 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On 27 Jun 2006 13:05:47 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

"showdogbark" wrote in
roups.com:

She would watch the behavior of the people and study the habits and
when it was dark and no one was around she would confiscate the dogs
and have homes ready to place them in. She rescued over a hundred dogs
during her 56 year old life

What your friend did is not rescueing dogs. Your friend was a thief, plain
and simple.

And why do these nutjobs act as though a person who trains their dogs
without "violent methods" is some kind of rarity who deserves
sainthood?

Unfortunately, a couple of my dogs bark because they like to. One
particularly enjoys barking until he gets everybody else riled up, and
then we have a group roo and barkfest. My dogs are not unhappy,
mistreated or neglected. Not even if Jerry says they are.

Mustang Sally

Old June 27th 06, 03:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Janet B

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:28:59 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
, clicked their heels and said:

Unfortunately, a couple of my dogs bark because they like to. One
particularly enjoys barking until he gets everybody else riled up, and
then we have a group roo and barkfest. My dogs are not unhappy,
mistreated or neglected. Not even if Jerry says they are.

Franklin HOWLED at about 3 a.m. the other night. We had non-stop
t-storms for about 12 hours - ugh. Don't know why he picked then, but
since I was asleep and he was on his dog bed, I'm not sure how he
could have been mistreated or neglected! It was pretty funny.

Rudy mostly barks at the eeeevil bunnies who insist on hanging out
right in front of the front door. Very eeeevil.

--
Janet Boss
Old June 27th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
showdogbark

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:
"showdogbark" wrote in
oups.com:

She would watch the behavior of the people and study the habits and
when it was dark and no one was around she would confiscate the dogs
and have homes ready to place them in. She rescued over a hundred dogs
during her 56 year old life

What your friend did is not rescueing dogs. Your friend was a thief, plain
and simple.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/

Hi Marcel,
My friend was as Bob Dylan would say "Steal a little, they throw you in
jail, steal a lot, they make you king."
It all depends on how you look at it Marcel.
Friend to dogs or thief. I say she was a saint.
George Bush LOST THE ELECTION, ALE GORE won. Now is that not a crime?
Why pick on a dog lover instead of getting the hell out of IRAQ?????
Guantanamo Bay breaks the Geneva rules of conduct in war, is that not a
crime? What a thing to get riled up about, a disabled woman who used
P.E.T.A. tactics to help animals. Let me tell you this did hit the news
when dogs went "missing", and there sure was allot of silence after the
barking dogs, people can do something if they are motivated. Even get
their dogs to stop barking, if only for the fear of losing them.
I love it when P.E.T.A. throws red paint on fur coats at fashion shows.
Also when they break into places and confiscate monkeys that are being
"experimented" on.
Leonard Cohen say's in one of his songs "Law breakers making rules."
It is all in your perception dearest Marcel. You seem like a person who
thinks deep thoughts.
Show Dog Bark

Old June 27th 06, 04:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:32:34 -0400, Janet B
wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jun 2006 10:28:59 -0400, sighthounds & siberians
, clicked their heels and said:

Unfortunately, a couple of my dogs bark because they like to. One
particularly enjoys barking until he gets everybody else riled up, and
then we have a group roo and barkfest. My dogs are not unhappy,
mistreated or neglected. Not even if Jerry says they are.

Franklin HOWLED at about 3 a.m. the other night. We had non-stop
t-storms for about 12 hours - ugh. Don't know why he picked then, but
since I was asleep and he was on his dog bed, I'm not sure how he
could have been mistreated or neglected! It was pretty funny.

Rudy mostly barks at the eeeevil bunnies who insist on hanging out
right in front of the front door. Very eeeevil.

I heard you can buy some kind of box contraption that will make the
bunnies go somewhere else.

Mustang Sally

Old June 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

"showdogbark" wrote in
ups.com:

Marcel Beaudoin wrote:

What your friend did is not rescueing dogs. Your friend was a thief,
plain and simple.

What a thing to get riled up about, a disabled woman who used
P.E.T.A. tactics to help animals.

You know why?? Because there are a lot of people who actually rescue dogs
(not steal them) and people like your friend give them a bad name.

It is also the start down a slope that is very hard to go back. Your friend
decided that the dogs needed rescuing because they are barking. What if
soemone decides that your dog needs "rescuing" because they don't think
that you are treating it right? Is it rescuing then? Or is it only rescuing
when it isn't your dog that is being stolen?

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old June 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

sighthounds & siberians wrote in
:

I heard you can buy some kind of box contraption that will make the
bunnies go somewhere else.

Most people call this an oven.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old June 27th 06, 04:21 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
showdogbark

sighthounds & siberians wrote:
On 27 Jun 2006 13:05:47 GMT, Marcel Beaudoin
wrote:

"showdogbark" wrote in
roups.com:

She would watch the behavior of the people and study the habits and
when it was dark and no one was around she would confiscate the dogs
and have homes ready to place them in. She rescued over a hundred dogs
during her 56 year old life

What your friend did is not rescueing dogs. Your friend was a thief, plain
and simple.

And why do these nutjobs act as though a person who trains their dogs
without "violent methods" is some kind of rarity who deserves
sainthood?

Unfortunately, a couple of my dogs bark because they like to. One
particularly enjoys barking until he gets everybody else riled up, and
then we have a group roo and barkfest. My dogs are not unhappy,
mistreated or neglected. Not even if Jerry says they are.

Mustang Sally

Mustang Sally,
When did you get your degree in Sociology? Because last time I checked
people who hear the barking dogs who get everyone "Riled up" HATE the
noise. So you are a social deviant ora lousy neighbor EH?
Not neglected Eh? Not Mistreated when you let them get all "Riled up"
EH?
It does not take Jerry to notice this is deviant behavior on your part
toward your dogs.
Show Dog Bark