dog dispcline

Old July 2nd 06, 08:21 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc
weathergirl

Default dog dispcline

What is a good way to displcine your dog? My aunt hits her dog and her
husband pulled his nose and ears. She also pulled his ear so hard that
he yipped really loudly. I love my dog and I would not raise a hand on
him.

Old July 2nd 06, 04:18 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.misc

On 2 Jul 2006 00:21:06 -0700 weathergirl whittled these words:
What is a good way to displcine your dog? My aunt hits her dog and her
husband pulled his nose and ears. She also pulled his ear so hard that
he yipped really loudly. I love my dog and I would not raise a hand on
him.

Those are bad ways, but you already knew that. First, is to teach the dog
what you do want. Make it fun for the dog to do what is wanted. Second
is to reduce the unnecessary tempations. A tone of voice is often the
most effective means of helping the dog recognize that he just did
something that was not wanted. Watching the dog carefully then calling it
away when it starts do do the unwanted thing is a good way of teaching the
dog what is not wanted.

--
Diane Blackman
There is no moral victory in proclaiming to abhor violence