Moolgi and Emilie

Old July 7th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

Default Moolgi and Emilie

The more and more Emilie grows up and starts to interact with the world
around her, the more and more I find that the things I am saying to her
really resemble the things that I say to Moogli:

Get off.
Give it to me.
Drop it.
Don't touch!!
Good Girl!!
Give me a kiss.

We never really trained Moogli to run to his cage the way he does when we
put him in there for the day. Just repetition and his knowledge that he
*always* gets a treat when he goes in his crate.

Since Emilie has been little, she is always in my arms when I grab the
treat, send Moogli upstairs and give him the treat. Lately, now that Moogli
has gotten * a lot* better with Emilie and she is able to go up the stairs
easily with a treat in her hand, we have been allowing *her* to give him
the treat. I send Moogli upstairs, and she runs to the counter where the
treat jar is and waits. When I give her the treat, she runs to the stairs,
climbs up them, and runs to the bedroom. Moogli is waiting in his cage, and
she carefully puts the treat down on his pillow and closes the door.
(Whereupon I latch it)

She has also started to figure out "Give it to..." and gives treats to
Moogli.

Moogli has, as I mentioned above, also gotten a lot better with Emilie. He
is no longer as nervous around her and will allow her to pet him if he is
being petted by me at the same time. He will allow the occasional hug, but
that is still a bit too much for him. I suppose it helps that Emilie is not
as fascinated with Moogli as she used to be. She can walk by him and he no
longer has to worry about being molested...

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/
Old July 7th 06, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Moogli has, as I mentioned above, also gotten a lot better
with Emilie.

Which reminds me... The only responses I got back when I asked
my Canadian agility nuclear family about *obedience* training in
your area were references to *agility* training. Sigh. Sorry.

Old July 7th 06, 06:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Marcel Beaudoin

Rocky wrote in
:

Marcel Beaudoin said in
rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Moogli has, as I mentioned above, also gotten a lot better
with Emilie.

Which reminds me... The only responses I got back when I asked
my Canadian agility nuclear family about *obedience* training in
your area were references to *agility* training. Sigh. Sorry.

No problem. There are some places whose name comes up fairly often (which
may be good or bad, not sure which) that I need to take a look at as well.

Thanks for trying Matt.

--
Marcel and Moogli
http://mudbunny.blogspot.com/