Go Italy!

Old July 9th 06, 06:40 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

Default Go Italy!

Beat France!

France.

spit

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Beware! Deranged Leftist "professors" like Deborah Frisch could be teaching your children:
http://www.blackfive.net/main/2006/0..._low.html#more
Old July 9th 06, 09:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Sun, 09 Jul 2006 13:40:33 -0400, Handsome Jack Morrison
wrote:

Beat France!

France.

spit

Italy wins!

Italy wins!

Italy wins!

I told ya', Suja.

Old July 10th 06, 04:15 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article 51usg.67011$ZW3.44343@dukeread04,
Suja wrote:
and it says something about the lack of condition of an athelete (IMO
anyway) when he's got to go out of the game because of cramps.

I don't care much about soccer and have no opinion about the
World Cup, but cramps in well-conditioned athletes aren't
unheard-of. It can be a nutrition issue, transient health
problem, and so on. Paula Radcliffe famously took a toilet
break on the roadside during the London Marathon because of
stomach cramps caused by something she ate (she went on to
win).

Old July 10th 06, 04:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message:

I told ya', Suja.

I was really disappointed in the game, and more so by the French stars.
There was absolutely no need for Zidane to end his career on such a sour
note, and it says something about the lack of condition of an athelete (IMO

Old July 10th 06, 04:58 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 11:24:34 -0400, "Suja"
wrote:

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message:

I told ya', Suja.

I was really disappointed in the game,

I wasn't, because France lost.

If France had won, *then* I'd have been disappointed in the game.

Apparently you were rooting for France.

France.

spit

and more so by the French stars.
There was absolutely no need for Zidane to end his career on such a sour
note,

Yeah, I take back what I previously said about Zidane. He's a
"*******o," as no doubt many Italians are calling him today.

And after reading a few more things about him, I discovered that he's
done that before. Plus stomping an opponent in the groin. He was
lying on the ground at the time.

Good soccer player.

Poor sport.

A strong head blow to the chest (like the one he gave to Materrazzi)
can cause sudden death ("commotio cordis").

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc

And soccer players use their heads almost as much as their feet, and
so their neck muscles are very strong, etc.

and it says something about the lack of condition of an athelete (IMO
anyway) when he's got to go out of the game because of cramps.

I have to agree with Melinda (damn, I hate it when that happens!).

No matter how well-conditioned (and/or hydrated) an athlete is,
getting cramps is still possible.

Happens all the time.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison
Old July 10th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Suja

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message:

I don't care much about soccer and have no opinion about the
World Cup, but cramps in well-conditioned athletes aren't
unheard-of. It can be a nutrition issue, transient health
problem, and so on.

In this case, hydration could be an issue. It's been hot out there, and it
isn't like they stop play and let the atheletes drink water. Although, from
what the commentators have said, the refs have been good about letting
people take a little time here and there to do just that.

Suja

Old July 10th 06, 05:29 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Handsome Jack Morrison

On Mon, 10 Jul 2006 12:32:22 -0400, "Suja"
wrote:

"Handsome Jack Morrison" wrote in message:

Apparently you were rooting for France.

Actually, I didn't particularly care who won. I was not happy with the
quality of the game. My preference is for a wide open, offensive style of
game, and this wasn't it. The first half was entertaining, the second half
and overtime, a lot less so.

Which is why I normally don't watch soccer. But that's the way the
game is played in big matches. Defensively.

And the Italians were probably the best defensive team in the
tournament.

Good soccer player.

Poor sport.

Probably. There are accusations out there that the Italian player said
something deragatory (Zidane is of Algerian descent), but tha's still no
excuse.

Speculation, yes.

But I don't think either player has made a comment yet.

It's good that Zidane doesn't play hockey, where insults are virtually
part of the game. Getting an opposing player to lose his cool (and
sent to the penalty box) is actually part of the pro game's strategy.

I have to agree with Melinda (damn, I hate it when that happens!).

No matter how well-conditioned (and/or hydrated) an athlete is,
getting cramps is still possible.

I understand that. On the world's biggest stage, on the day when your team
needs you the most... I don't know.

If you can't do it, then you just can't do it.

I've had those days before.

When the tank's empty, it's empty.

--
Handsome Jack Morrison

Old July 10th 06, 05:44 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article F0vsg.67018$ZW3.2578@dukeread04,
Suja wrote:
I understand that. On the world's biggest stage, on the day when your team
needs you the most... I don't know.

I don't cramp that day, I vomit buckets.