My Dog is Cool

Old July 13th 06, 05:57 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Judith Althouse

Default My Dog is Cool

Hi everyone,
I just had a marathon chat with my sister and we always talk about
dogs for two hours out of the 5 hours we visit via phone. Anyway, she
was telling me about a scene she caused at Walmart after finding a small
breed dog in a crate inside a van with the window cracked open a couple
of inches. The dog was barking and whining loudly or else she never
would have known he was in there. She lives in South Florida. She
called animal control, then the cops, about the time that everyone
showed up the owner came out of the store with 5 little children. My
sister made her complaint, don't ya know the dog owner, cops, and animal
control all knew each other (it is a small town) Eeverybody went on
their way. My sister went home and went on a quest of the Florida
Statutes to see if she could find a law against leaving your dog in the
car in the heat....she came up with nothing specific. While she was
looking she discovered this web site www. MyDogisCool.com ya gotta check
it out. We have found many a dog left in a car in the Fl heat and have
taken appropriate action. Tonight, when we were discussing the matter
we agreed it is not always a matter of blatant cruelty as most would
think, it is also lack of knowledge. Some people really don;t get it.
You can tell they love their dogs they just don't understand it can kill
your dog in a heartbeat. This site has all kinds of leaflets, handouts,
even packets to distribute to new car dealers to put in the glove
compartment of new cars. How cool is that? Maybe you can save a life!
www.mydogiscool.com

Be Free,
Judy

Old July 13th 06, 08:07 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
[email protected]

Judith Althouse wrote:
This site has all kinds of leaflets, handouts,
even packets to distribute to new car dealers to put in the glove
compartment of new cars. How cool is that? Maybe you can save a life!
www.mydogiscool.com

Be Free,
Judy

What a great site, thanks for sharing Judy:-)

Crystal

Keeping dogs cool in the summer heat (Video clip) [email protected] Dog behavior 0 June 27th 06 08:52 PM
A cool breeze Odnarb Dog behavior 0 February 16th 06 08:58 AM
rethink the cool JustMel Dog behavior 1 September 14th 03 05:20 PM