Somebody explain this to me

Old July 20th 06, 02:24 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Default Somebody explain this to me

First of all, I love dogs (most of the friendly ones anyway) and have
had dogs myself, but this.....

A woman has irresponsible neighbors who let their dogs run unrestrained
as a day-to-day practice onto her property. After lodging 45
complaints
to local animal control and police over a three-year period, with
apparently
no results, she decides to go the poison route. One dog dies and she's
facing a felony animal cruelty charge!

Of course, the situation would be different if she'd killed the dog OFF
of
her property. I agree that poisoning ain't a nice way to die, but
what's
next, a ban on HotShot and Raid? Are you gonna tell me that insects
don't feel discomfort when dying from Raid? Ever watched a cockroach
writhing in agony on its back after being poisoned by bug spray? On
my
condo property, a while back the powers that be decided to put out
little
lures which were to catch and poison "rodents" (squirrels and
chipmunks).
I was tempted to pick these traps up and toss them because I'm not
too keen on poisoning these critters, but I don't think they caught
many,
or any, as we apparently have smart chipmunks around here, but the
point
is, why is putting out these traps not considered also a felony?

A dog running onto a person's property can be far more annoying (and
dangerous)
than a cockroach or silverfish visiting. They can attack kids and
other animals,
not to mention get into trash cans and **** all over your lawn. I
just don't
get it.

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met.../0720dogs.html

-----
Kill ratio of Palestinian children to Israeli children 5.7-to-1,
Israel's favor.
Kill ratio of all Palestinians to Israelis: over 3-to-1.
---------
http://www.lrb.co.uk/v28/n06/print/mear01_.html
----------
"Don't worry about American pressure on Israel. We,
the Jewish people, control America, and the Americans know it."
---Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon, 2001
--
Cliff

Old July 20th 06, 02:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
Amy Likes Pot!

wrote:
[...]

First of all, if someone poisoned my dog I would take revenge and it would
be SERIOUS!

Second, how did she poison the dogs? Did she hand feed the poison or did
she leave something out for them to eat? Little kids like to put things in
their mouths or even just handle them. Any poison that can kill a dog can
at the least make a child VERY sick. What if she inadvertantly poisoned a
small child (hell, I think they are WAY more annoying than dogs!)?

Old July 20th 06, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
sighthounds & siberians

On 20 Jul 2006 13:42:27 GMT, (Amy Likes Pot!)

First of all, I love dogs (most of the friendly ones anyway) and have
had dogs myself, but this.....

Thanks for trolling.

Mustang Sally

Old July 20th 06, 03:42 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
SlackJacket

1) Dogs are cuter than rodents and bugs
2) I don't know of anyone who has a pet cockroach

Old July 20th 06, 03:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
D. Gerasimatos

In article .com,
wrote:

First of all, I love dogs (most of the friendly ones anyway) and have
had dogs myself, but this.....

Dogs are considered personal property. It is not okay to kill someone's
pet in this manner. I don't know how you can compare a pet to a cockroach.

Dimitri

Old July 20th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
WDS

D. Gerasimatos wrote:
Dogs are considered personal property. It is not okay to kill someone's
pet in this manner. I don't know how you can compare a pet to a cockroach.

Animals kept as pets are slightly above personal property. For
instance, if I took my lawnmower out on the front lawn and smashed it
to pieces with a slegehammer I might get a few odd looks. If I did
that to my dogs...

Old July 20th 06, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
[email protected]

Amy Likes Pot! wrote:

First of all, if someone poisoned my dog I would take revenge and it would
be SERIOUS!

Second, how did she poison the dogs? Did she hand feed the poison or did
she leave something out for them to eat? Little kids like to put things in
their mouths or even just handle them. Any poison that can kill a dog can
at the least make a child VERY sick. What if she inadvertantly poisoned a
small child (hell, I think they are WAY more annoying than dogs!)?

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/met.../0720dogs.html

I provided a link to the article for you to read. These responses are
all
likely from problem dog owners, from what I can see. NOT ONE of you
addresses the issue of keeping your dog OFF OTHER PEOPLE'S PROPERTY,
especially if they don't want your roaming dog on it, and this woman
obviously
didn't. And since you seem to be so concerned with kids, how do you
feel
when a strange dog, owned by *irresponsible* dog owners like you, comes
onto your property and attacks the child? Huh? But I see, you would
"take revenge" and it would be "SERIOUS." LOL.

I thought an adult or two might respond. I was wrong.

-----

Old July 20th 06, 05:52 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
tiny dancer

"McGyver" wrote in message
wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

It is simple enough. The law permits the land owner to deal with invasion
by other people's animals in the manner which does the least damage to the
owners of the animals. It is very easy to put a humane trap on the land

and
bait it with good stuff. Then you take the trap, with dog, to the pound.
The pound calls the dog's owner who bails out the dog. Then you do it

again
the following week. Eventually, the dog owner tires of paying money to

bail
out the dog and does the responsible thing about controlling the dog.

The traps are inexpensive and easy to use. If the dogs in question are
heavy, the trick is to set the trap in the back of a pickup or van. The
animal control people will lift it out for you, take the dog out, give you
back the trap.

Many local animal control agencies offer the use of humane traps free of
charge. And in fact will come out and set up the trap for the homeowners
themselves.

td

Old July 20th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
Bill

In article , says...
Little kids like to put things in
their mouths or even just handle them.

on this note take a look at this report. it sickens me.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive...62condom1.html
Old July 20th 06, 06:41 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior,misc.legal,misc.consumers.house,alt.true-crime
Barky Bark

or you could just drive the traps, and the dogs, 100 miles away and let the
dogs out there.