What pets do you like?

Old July 24th 06, 02:53 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
fifthscn

Default What pets do you like?

What pets do you like,dogs,pets,mouse or something else?I love dogs.I
have one cute yellow dog.
www.handbagws.com

Old July 24th 06, 07:25 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

diddy wrote:
in thread oups.com:
"fifthscn" whittled the following words:

What pets do you like,dogs,pets,mouse or something else?I love dogs.I
have one cute yellow dog.
www.handbagws.com

One might assume, posting on a dog behavior usenet group, that dog
fanciers, wemight be.

I have a mini pinscher that I love dearly and his name is Joe here is a
link to my pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabinakarsan3

Old July 24th 06, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article .com,
karsan wrote:
I have a mini pinscher that I love dearly and his name is Joe here is a
link to my pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabinakarsan3

This was basically a Usenet version of comment spam.

Bad policies lead to bad results.
Old July 24th 06, 12:56 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Robin Nuttall

diddy wrote:
in thread : (Melinda
Shore) whittled the following words:

In article .com,
karsan wrote:

I have a mini pinscher that I love dearly and his name is Joe here is a
link to my pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabinakarsan3

This was basically a Usenet version of comment spam.

boggle
It's a woman who loves her dog and is sharing her precious moments. She's
not spamming ANYTHING

She/he has posted the same thing--same sentence, same link, at least 50
different times, as replies to threads and totally unrelated to those
threads. I tend to agree with Melinda.
Old July 24th 06, 01:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
diddy

in thread news:lz2xg.853836$084.262895@attbi_s22: Robin Nuttall

karsan wrote:

I have a mini pinscher that I love dearly and his name is Joe here
is a link to my pictures
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sabinakarsan3

This was basically a Usenet version of comment spam.

boggle
It's a woman who loves her dog and is sharing her precious moments.
She's not spamming ANYTHING

She/he has posted the same thing--same sentence, same link, at least
50 different times, as replies to threads and totally unrelated to
those threads. I tend to agree with Melinda.

So she's repetitive. shrug
Noone responds to her post. She's obviously very proud of her dog, and
wants to share her love for it.

This was related. The person wanted to know what pets a person preferred.
This person posted photos of her cuddling her preference. Not terribly
communicatitve, but certainly not spam. And certainly not peddling
anything, except sharing her dog.
Old July 24th 06, 01:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article lz2xg.853836$084.262895@attbi_s22,
Robin Nuttall wrote:
She/he has posted the same thing--same sentence, same link, at least 50
different times, as replies to threads and totally unrelated to those
threads. I tend to agree with Melinda.

I was actually referring to the original post - apologies
for unclear quoting. However, I think the poster to which I
did respond is either quite young (under age) or otherwise
maybe not quite responsible and should probably be cut some
slack. For better or worse there are now kids here, too.

Usenet: where children, mentally ill street people, and
political extremists come together to talk about dog
training.

Bad policies lead to bad results.
Old July 24th 06, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Paula wrote:
As for the poster who asked what pets we like, I don't have enough
info to say, but hope they are in the cut some slack category because
the alternative isn't flattering.

Well, as if that's ever stopped *me*.

Anyway, on a number of bulletin boards and in comments
sections for various blogs, there's an increasing number of
posts saying things like "I like your site!" signed by
someone whose name is "Ch3ap C1alis" and containing a link
to a website that sells the same. I suspect this is one of
those.

Bad policies lead to bad results.
Old July 24th 06, 05:12 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 16:02:08 GMT, Paula
wrote:

As for the poster who asked what pets we like, I don't have enough
info to say, but hope they are in the cut some slack category because
the alternative isn't flattering.

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that it's the equivalent of
comment spam. I get hundreds of 'em daily through my blog, and the
format if pretty much as demonstrated. And, check out her posting
history. It's all threads she's begun (no replies, which indicates
she's no intention of hanging around). Some of them don't even make a
pretense at being on-topic--just links to her handbag website.

I don't see anything to indicate it's anything *but* spam.

--
Shelly

B is for Basil assaulted by bears.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies
Old July 24th 06, 05:17 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Alison

"Melinda Shore" wrote in message

Usenet: where children, mentally ill street people, and
political extremists come together to talk about dog
training.

You'd have to be mentally ill to buy the shoes and bags on that spammer's
website. Bleuch!
Alison