About crossposting

Old July 24th 06, 11:51 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Fido

Default About crossposting

We can help stop crossposting doing this:

First, Mirelle's using Google Groups to post so the logical thing is to
report her with them ) based on the description of
this newsgroups which clearly says:

Nothing she has posted so far relates to our newsgroup.

Second, report her to her ISP which is Yahoo using

If all of us report her to both, Google Groups & Yahoo, could prevent her to
crosspost or even cancel her account

LET'S DO IT! Her behaviour is really nasty and definately not welcome.

These are the headers of her postings:

From: "Mirelle"
Newsgroups:
soc.culture.iranian,soc.culture.iraq,soc.culture.c anada,soc.culture.venezuela,rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Subject: Iranian "Hands Off Venezuela" campaign to expose U.S.
government conspiracies
Date: 24 Jul 2006 10:49:07 -0700

Fido

Old July 25th 06, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

In article ,
Fido wrote:
We can help stop crossposting doing this:

You can't, actually. She's not violating Google's rather
lax terms of service. You can, however, take responsibility
for your own Usenet experience and killfile her or killfile
crossposts to certain newsgroups or killfile crossposts to
all newsgroups. When I fired up my newsreader it said there
were 35 unread posts to rpdb, and then when I entered the
newsgroup 32 article numbers scrolled by as they were
killed, leaving me with three to read. I love it when I can
actually see technology working to improve my quality of
life.

However, as we've seen from the *splendid* demonstration
given by Jerry's butt-adhesions, following assholes around
and yelling at them is profoundly unlikely to cause them to
stop being assholes.

Bad policies lead to bad results.
Old July 25th 06, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Melinda Shore wrote:
In article ,
Fido wrote:
We can help stop crossposting doing this:

You can't, actually. She's not violating Google's rather
lax terms of service. You can, however, take responsibility
for your own Usenet experience and killfile her or killfile
crossposts to certain newsgroups or killfile crossposts to
all newsgroups. When I fired up my newsreader it said there
were 35 unread posts to rpdb, and then when I entered the
newsgroup 32 article numbers scrolled by as they were
killed, leaving me with three to read. I love it when I can
actually see technology working to improve my quality of
life.

However, as we've seen from the *splendid* demonstration
given by Jerry's butt-adhesions, following assholes around
and yelling at them is profoundly unlikely to cause them to
stop being assholes.

Bad policies lead to bad results.

I am not posting through google groups I am using my email program
outlook express and I found that my ISP does have a NNTP sever.

Old July 25th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior

On 24 Jul 2006 17:32:27 -0700, "karsan" wrote:

I am not posting through google groups I am using my email program
outlook express and I found that my ISP does have a NNTP sever.

Is your name Mirelle?

--
Shelly

N is for Neville who died of ennui.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies
Old July 25th 06, 05:15 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
karsan

Shelly wrote:
On 24 Jul 2006 17:32:27 -0700, "karsan" wrote:

I am not posting through google groups I am using my email program
outlook express and I found that my ISP does have a NNTP sever.

Is your name Mirelle?

--
Shelly

N is for Neville who died of ennui.
-- Edward Gorey, The Gashlycrumb Tinies

nope My name is Sabina Karsan.

Old July 25th 06, 05:24 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Rocky

"Fido" said in rec.pets.dogs.behavior:

Nothing she has posted so far relates to our newsgroup.

But who are you, O anonymous one?

Old July 25th 06, 12:35 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Fido

"Rocky" wrote in message
But who are you, O anonymous one?

Just a reader of this group and a proud owner of a Coton de Tulear.
I'm sick of reading stuff that does not relate with this group. If I want to
read about Lebanon-Israel war I use Google News or read the newspaper. In
the event I want to participate in a discussion with those topics, I would
suscribe the groups related to. Simple!

Fido

Old July 25th 06, 05:49 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Mirelle

No it is not me Mirelle, look at the following and you will see who
Sabina Karsen is. Do your homework before you post negative comments
about someone.

Mirelle

About Google Groups
Profile

Sabina Karsan
Nickname:
weathergirl
Location:
Glendale
Email address:

Quote:
Do not worry god is great he brings mircales.

Recent Posts:

Posts in

my birthday surprises alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 14 minutes ago
About crossposting rec.pets.dogs.behavior 12 hours ago
About crossposting rec.pets.dogs.behavior 16 hours ago
What pets do you like? rec.pets.dogs.behavior 34 hours ago
Prevent The Cruelty rec.pets.dogs.behavior 2 days ago
Deidre Hall' on scren alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 2 days ago
It is my birthday today alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 5 days ago
Victi's Choice... alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 5 days ago
It is my birthday today alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 5 days ago
It is my birthday today alt.tv.days-of-our-lives 5 days ago
Show all »
Post Activity

Jan Feb Mar Apr May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec
2005 1 3 9 10
2006 31 9 78 171 77

Google Home - Terms of Service - Privacy Policy

Old July 25th 06, 11:04 PM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Dale Atkin

If you're accessing through an NNTP server, killing all cross posted
messages, regardless of origin is a great way to significantly reduce spam.

It's not hard to do either. I wrote a post about it some time ago, it should
be a in alt.pets.dogs.labrador. If you'd like I can dig it up for you.

Dale
.. .

From: "Mirelle"
Newsgroups:
Date: 24 Jul 2006 10:49:07 -0700

Fido

Old July 26th 06, 09:22 AM posted to rec.pets.dogs.behavior
Les Hilliard

"Dale Atkin" wrote in message
If you're accessing through an NNTP server, killing all cross posted
messages, regardless of origin is a great way to significantly reduce
spam.

It's not hard to do either. I wrote a post about it some time ago, it
should be a in alt.pets.dogs.labrador. If you'd like I can dig it up for
you.

Dale

I use Outlook Express and I can configure my reader to block specific
groups as well as specific users through the message rules under the tools
tab. Is this what you are referring to or is there an easier way. The way
I do it is a little cumbersome since I have to manually type in each and
every address as well as set up the command. If you wouldn't mind digging
that up again, I'd like to take a look at how you kill them. Thanks - -
Les Hilliard