Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Old August 17th 03, 10:51 AM
JC

Default Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

HI,

Great advise. How about Jack Russel Terrier Or Beagle ?

which would be more suitable for family with children ? Thnx for advise !
john
--
Singapore 428802
tel: 63488 306

" TMD" wrote in message
Based on your choices, I would recommend the Cavalier. We got one from a
breeder 5 weeks ago and we love her. We have four children ages 9, 7, 4

and
2. Papillons are too delicate for children (what several Papillon

breeders
told me when I was researching). Corgis are herding dogs and may attempt

herd your son by nipping at his heels. Cocker Spaniels are over bred and
have lots of different health problems. I did all the research you are
doing now over the past year.

Definitely go to a breeder. Pet stores support puppy mills and you will
probably get a sick dog. I doubt you'll find a Cavalier in a pound. You
may find a rescue dog.

The going rate for these puppies is $1500 - 3000 depending on the breeder.

Ours is a puppy. She is great. She has lots of energy but also takes

lots
of long naps. Since the day we brought her home, she sleeps through the
night (10 pm to 6:30 am) in a crate next to our bed. With this breed,

male
or female doesn't matter. They are lapdogs.

Good luck to you!

Old August 19th 03, 12:14 PM
WhansaMi

Going to a good breeder
who follows the MVD protocol (sire and dam at least 2 years old and heart
clear, and all four grandparents age 5 and heart clear) then you have a
better
chance of having your dog develop the problem later, but, currently **THERE
ARE
NO MVD -FREE lines**, and don't let anyone tell you any differently.

Sheila

Forgot one important point-- a regular vet cannot detect early MVD. Letters
from a regular vet are useless in determining whether or not the parents and
grandparents are heart clear. If you don't have certification from a
cardiologist, you likely do not have accurate information.

Sheila

King Charles Spaniel Jim Dog breeds 0 August 14th 03 01:21 PM
Cavalier King Charles Spaniels Aim222 Dog breeds 4 July 28th 03 01:47 AM